Thrush I got it anyone suggest How I might have gotten it

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Charleen, Oct 3, 2006.

1. Charleen

Charleen New Member

Well the doctor is calling me "Abby" now for Abienormal, I have developed Thrush don't have any Idea how I got it. Haven't had any anitbotics for almost 2 months.
    I was given Mycelex 5 times a day for it. Have to let it desolve on toung.
    Any body got any ideas on how to not get it. I have never had it before and it hurts.
    Thanks Charleen
  2. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Charleen:

I had the same thing and was told it was due to 'an immune disorder'. I used bottle after bottle of Nystatin and a tea called Pau 'd Arco and eventually it was totally gone.

I know it is horrible. Hang in there and it will pass, but you really have to be vigilent with it.

nyrofan
  3. Kimba4318

Kimba4318 New Member

Have you been on prednisone by any chance? I was told that may have caused mine. Still thought it was something else. You should start feeling better after 3 days or so, if you take the oral treatment.
    Good Luck - I know it is terrible!
    Kim
  4. charlenef

charlenef New Member

alond with antibiotics is a mix for that. you should try avoiding these and buy some probiotics to correct the yeast in your bowels. charlene
  5. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

Of systemic yeast infection. I would ask your dr for the blood test for that.
  6. Charleen

Charleen New Member

Thanks to all that told me what was the cause. Yest they did blood teston me to day but will take 10 days to get it back.
    Again thank you all your such darling people
  7. Fredericka

Fredericka New Member

Isn't it highly contagious as well?

I think that is what I'd heard.

My Dad had it during his last few days of life. Luckily he wasn't aware of it.

Good luck to you, hope it goes away fast for you.

Such miserable things we get along with the DD's, don't we!
  8. angiecw71

angiecw71 New Member

Hi Charlene, Do you use any types of inhalers?? I use advair inhaler for ashtma and I have to rinse my mouth after each use, because it can cause thrush. It even has a yellow sticker on my box that it comes in and says to rinse after each use can cause thrush.

Angie
  9. supergirl99

supergirl99 New Member

if it is oral thrush, don't think you said. As for the down below thrush, Men can carry it without even knowing they have it (they can get symptoms but not always) which is why you can keep passing it back and forth if you have unprotected intercourse and they not know they are giving it back to you. Also I suffered with Thrush for many years (the down below kind) and it miraculously went away when I had my baby three years ago! My doctor didn't know why I kept getting it either! Hand in there. Natural yoghurt can be very good either applied locally or even eaten.

Chin up
    x