THRUSH ON THE BACK OF THROAT???? ANYONE????

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tes, Aug 28, 2005.

1. tes

tes New Member

Hi there,
    Just wondering if anyone has had oral thrush on the back of the mouth (towards the side of the throat). I have this white patch in the back of my throat...kinda hard to see fully because it is towards the left corner. I have read posts where people have oral thrush on their tongues. Has anyone had thrush on the back of their throats? I have no fever, no cough, chills etc. I have had strep once before and this in nothing like it, except for the white stuff. This all started on Tuesday. I can actually feel the yeast patch when I swallow....yucky. I had a little bit of a sore throat when it first started, but it's more of a bother than anything.

Is there any home remedies I can try, if anyone has experienced oral thrush where I think I have it. I don't want to go to the doctor...again. Any info would be greatly apppreciated.

Hope all is well,

Take care,

Tess
  2. hdbubblehead

hdbubblehead New Member

READ THE TITLE..."RECURANCE OF ORAL CANDIDA"
    ALOT OF GOOD ADVICE FOR YOU, WRITTEN TODAY
    IF YOU EVER FEEL A SORE THROAT AT ALL, SWAB THE "WHITEISH
    MUCUS" FROM YOUR THROAT AND YOU WILL INSTANTLY BE OVER THE SORENESS. ONLY IF ITS A MUCUS THREAD.
  3. Rose_Red

Rose_Red New Member

Most of the time it is on the back of the throat. Just out of where you can see it.

My doc has me swich and swallow Nystatin 3x daily for 2 weeks. It also works systemically so it'll help to kill off the nadties whever else they may be hiding.
  4. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

Plain unsweetened yogurt is the quickest thing to get rid of that, if, in fact it is thrush. It's a bit of an odd place to get it, it is usually on the tongue, but I suppose it can start anywhere.

Yogurt should make a noticable difference w/in a day, and shouldn't take longer than a few days to clear it. If you don't see a big difference in one day, make an appt.

Just take a tablespoon of yogurt, a pure yogurt w/ live cultures, and retain it in your mouth for a few mins. Pure means no starch, gums, carageenan, not fat free, because that's when they start adding all the fillers. You want milk and live bacterial cultures, as few ingredients as possible.

The first few times you do it, I'd spit. Do at least 4 times a day. I'd do the yogurt retention, and a time or two a day eat a little bowl of it too, to get at any yeasts that may be trying to thrive where you can't see them.

Let us know too, good luck.

Jeanne
  5. Jeanne-in-Canada

Oh, and don't forget to change your toothebrush after treating.

Jeanne
  6. TXFMmom

TXFMmom New Member

had it on my tongue, mouth, and probably in my sinuses.

The FCC is teating it with three months of Nystatin, which requires ESP for the colon, so bacteria doesn't get out of whack.

A lot of us has candida, yeast, thrush, whatever. I used to joke and say I had so much yeast that you could have used me for sourdough starter.
  7. Jeanne-in-Canada

An exboyfriend of mine had thought of a funny nickname, but I had to drag it out of him because he thought I might be insulted. I just about pee'd when he called me, "his little petrie dish".

Jeanne
  8. Jeanne-in-Canada

9. pinkstar

pinkstar New Member

i have an odd thing.. for the past couple of weeks, my "taste buds" so my doctor says have been raised a whole lot.. at one point they swelled so much, i had to go to the ER to get pumped full of prednisone to keep me from choking on my own tongue.. is that thrush? there was no sore throat or anything.. but my tongue just got huuuge.. my doctor said it was an allergic reactiona nd gave my zyrtec. i didnt eat or drink anything new or special then. and i dont recall sniffing anything new... so yea.. it's gone down where i am not going to choke on it anymore, but they are still not quite the same size they were prior to my flareup... i find it verrry odd...
    any ideas?

-Lauryn[This Message was Edited on 09/02/2005]
  10. Jeanne-in-Canada

that must be an allergy. Or possibly a severe lymph backup.

Jeanne
  11. dhcpolwnk

dhcpolwnk New Member

I'm now taking generic Mycelex troches (lozenges) for the second time in a month! The first time I had thrush, my mouth was burning so much that it hurt even to drink water. This time the burning doesn't seem as bad. You take the lozenges five times a day for two weeks. You let them melt in your mouth. *Don't* chew them.

I had seen my doctor shortly before the burning became really bad, and he said he saw some kind of sore in my throat. So maybe that was from the thrush. However, at the time, he didn't prescribe the Mycelex. Instead, he prescribed a compounded drug used for chemotherapy patients. When I want to have the Rx filled, I found out it cost $104! (And to top it off, they didn't have the ingredients, and it was a Friday afternoon.

I talked to my doctor again, and he said to use Chloraseptic (or a generic) for the mouth pain. But after I read more about thrush, I realized that's what I had, and I left a message for him. That's when he prescribed the generic Mycelex. It seemed to work pretty well, but several days ago, I noticed the coating on my tongue again. I have GERD, so I'm not sure whether the sore/burning throat is from GERD or thrush. I'm also on meds that dry me out, and I'm not sure if that might also be a factor.

One thing I've changed is that I usedto take just one probiotic a day. But after looking more closely at the label, I realized I needed to be taking three a day. I'm doing that now. I can't tell whether any improvement is from the Mycelex or the probiotics or both.

I strongly recommend the probiotics, especially if you've recently been on antibiotics. But the lozenges or other anti-fungal presecriptions also might be right for you.

--Laura