Thurs. Nite Prayer Board...

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by BILLCAMO, May 26, 2011.

1. BILLCAMO

BILLCAMO New Member

Opening prayer requests & adding prayers for all !

Sort of a ritual here for a long time......

Blessings ,

b/c
  2. Beadlady

Beadlady Member

Thanks for starting this Bill.

Tonight I am asking for prayers in helping my husb & I to find a new fur-kid. We have lots of love to give a fur kid if we could just find the right dog for us. We've run into lots of obstacles because our yard is not totally fenced but we have a long lead the dog can be on for short periods of time and also go for walks twice a day.

Thanks.

Bead
  3. windblade

windblade Active Member

Bill - appreciate your prayers for all of us. Thanks for starting this so early.

Prayers for you, for all the situations and people in your life. For faith, hope and love to keep increasing.

Bead - just read your post on bringing Virgil home - how exciting!

4. BILLCAMO

BILLCAMO New Member

For this Thursday......especially for those of us that feel that our plates are way overfull....

He WILL take care of us !

And the prayers that we say for each other are very helpful too !!!! :>)

Prayers being said here for all !!!!!!!!

Blessings ,

b/c
  5. Doznclan3

Doznclan3 New Member

Praying and thinking of all here. Thank you for doing this Bill.
    Hope you are doing ok.
    I'm doing ok. :)
    Prayers and thoughts for all...
    Love, Cynthia
  6. springwater

springwater Member

for opening aother prayer round

Prayers for all here who need healing in areas of their health, relationships, finances,
    and generally. Prayer of thanks going out for letting Bead get her lovely fur baby.
    May all that household be blessed.

I saw a horrific clip of animals in Indonesia being beaten brutally, even while their
    throats had been slit in an abbatoir; the butchers wanted to hasten the dying
    process and USA or some country wants to impose trade sanctions of some sort of
    action until Indonesia puts some law into effect to stop this inhumane acitivity.

Prayers going out for this cruelty to stop!

Blessings to all those who try to make it happen and protect peoples and animals
    suffering.

God Bless

7. windblade

windblade Active Member

for all here, and for each person on the other boards at PH. For hope, goodness, beauty, love to infiltrate and bring meaning to our lives. Oh yes, and for faith which contains all these things.

Love, Wind
  8. windblade

windblade Active Member

for those poor animals in Indonesia that Springwater mentioned. For more humane practices!
  9. windblade

windblade Active Member

for all here and on the other message boards. For faith, hope and love to increase in the midst of all of our struggles and sufferings.
  10. springwater

springwater Member

Excerpt from The Energy of Prayer by Teacher Thich Nhat Hanh

"Through my own prayer i have discovered that it is as helpful to
    pray to the living as it is to pray to those who have passed away.
    The hapiness and lucidity of those around us can also add energy
    to our prayers. Within our circle of friends and family, there are those
    whom we see as solid, as an inspiration. Thinking of these people
    can bring more energy into our bodies."

This hit a cord with me, because sometimes i have difficulty visualising
    the object of my worship, so i think of people like Mother Teresa, or
    Mandela, Gandhi who through their great acts of courage and love,
    sacrifice, served their people in love which is the embodiment of that
    we know as God. Just thinking of such persons opens our hearts up
    makes it easier to be grateful and to believe.

Praying for all here. I know its been quiet. Hope all are doing well.

Judy, it was comforting to see you pop in.

God Bless
  11. windblade

windblade Active Member

Hi! What you shared is encouraging and inspiring - both from Thich Nhat Hanh and from yourself. I so agree that we receive energy - and hope, and an increase in love and faith from these extraordinary peacemakers, and lovers of humanity that you mentioned.

This was just what I needed to hear right now! So glad you shared it - going to look up his book now.
  12. windblade

windblade Active Member

Just watched some videos of Thich Nhat Hanh's teachings. So soothing and comforting. So hopeful! I think these monks from all over the world, dedicating their lives to prayer and spiritual practices keep us all going.

I found two of his wonderful books in my library system! So excited - one is "Reconciliation: Healing the Inner Child".

I've just today decided that I need to go back to therapy for more inner healing. I've been praying for months about this, as the energy it takes uses up 4 days of my week. But it's become very clear that it's crucial for me.

I was feeling very glum about this - and so your post came at just the right time - and I feel lightened, strengthened by these wise and gentle teachings.

Have also been wanting to say to you - to not be discouraged when you go through tired times. Concentrate on all you've received, every hour and minute of increased energy that you've received in your pranic healing practice.

And be kind and gentle to yourself when you don't feel well.

I loved your gathering of energy, and holding the world in your hands - sending out compassion and healing. I know it had an effect.

My husband does very similar practices in his yoga group and in Kirtan. He prays for me in a similar way - with prana/pranic energy - creating a circle with his hands, visualizing me, and sending healing love.

It's good to connect again.

Love, Judy
  13. Doznclan3

Doznclan3 New Member

Praying for all that have the faith that prayer is our miracle to the feeling of our Lord's love and compassion.
    To know that He is always there for us, through anything that comes our way.
    To know, that He allows us to go through things to learn lessons in life, and to see how we handle those struggles. Do we complain? Do we set examples of love and caring through our pain? He needs us to be loving and caring, it helps others to see that life can be good through trails.
    I'm thankful for the loving people here. What great examples they are.
    I pray and send thoughts out there for everyone that is need at this time, hoping for a more physically comfortable day.
    Love to all Cynthia
  14. springwater

springwater Member

Yes, Im happy you are considering taking up the therapy again. we must be whole.
    or we must try to get as whole as we can. so that our journey is smoother and we
    are better equipped to deal with life and its many quirks.

I realise i must not lose faith when confronted by a setback. Or when something
    upsetting happens. There must be a reason for it. There is no use in wringing my
    hands and asking 'why"? or 'why me'. It is more beneficial to learn how to make
    peace with what happens to us and try and become stronger from within.

After all, there are many more miles to go. And we know what we do now, influences
    later. How later? Who knows. How does it matter. We are the ones who will live it.

Its very interesting when you told me about your healing practise.

In my healing too, there is a therapy whereby you send electric violet light into ones
    chakra and order the negative thought entity which is embedded there to be disintegrated.
    then you sweep the chakra with your hands and 'throw' the diseased energy into a
    receptacle. this is called pranic psychotherapy and especially used for psychological
    treatment. there are procedures for getting rid of alcoholism, smoking, drug addiction
    depression, anxiety. OCD, schizophrenia etc. I think its fantastic!

lots of people seem to have been healed of such disorders and its so encouraging.

i need to work on 'fear' thoughts. meaning need to disintegrate and throw out negative
    thought entities formed by fear feelings in the past. if the process can work on physical
    symptoms, Im sure it will do the same for psychological ones too. because fear too is
    an energy created by us.

i spent most of yesterday on healing. there were times i was too tired to lift my hands
    to 'sweep'. so lay and used visualisation to sweep. the effect is showing today.
    i feel much lighter. that heavy stone weight feeling has lifted. and i feel capable of planning
    my days chores now. lol.

you carry on with your healing. i know it can only benefit you. as do your prayers.
    because negative feelings are being disintegrated and positive ones taking their place.
    have you been able to take up painting again? that would be wonderfully healing too.
    to express what you have inside you and get them out.

i like the energy of prayer book by Teacher Thich Nhat Hahn because it is very simple.
    easy to understand. some of his books I have found I must advance more to understand.
    Im sure i wil get there. never say never is what i say.

Cynthia - it was good to connect with you too. Hope your DH is well. And all your
    little creatures and of course your beautiful son.

Here the monsoons have started and it is raining. the weather is cooler, thank goodness.
    and most welcome is the power supply. there have been no power cuts for the past few
    days!!! yay.

God BLess

God Bless

15. BILLCAMO

BILLCAMO New Member

For this Thursday night !

Sometimes , it seems to me , I receive more positive help when I pray for others. & , possibly , they pray for me.

Perhaps that may be that it is better to give than receive ?

One of my prayers has been , for a long time , that people start to believe that our illnesses are real. On a morning national news show this week , there was a segment about the reality of CFS/CFIDS/ME......this segment used the CFS name tag....

I really don't care what "name" is used......At least more of the medical profession is admitting and accepting our medical issues are real ! I thank God for listening & responding to our prayers !

Blessings ,

b/c
    [This Message was Edited on 06/23/2011]
  16. windblade

windblade Active Member

for Patti (Hangininthere) for a housing scare that needs urgent prayer.

And for a health need for her husband - he is diabetic and has an infection in his toes - cellulitis. He is allergic to many antibiotics, and will need to try a new one today.

Thank you for your faithful prayers!

17. springwater

springwater Member

for Patti for help in her housing matters, for her husband to find the right antibiotic for
    his cellutitis in his feet, for peace of mind, for serenity for Patti herself

for all of us here on the board, and elsewhere who need healing in matters, of health
    relationships, finance, work

for, hope, for resilience, for courage, for strength, for wisdom, for understanding

for the ability to find joy in the smallest things of life as well as the big ones

for the ability to see the glass as half full rather than half empty

for the ability to see beyond ourselves and our own needs

God Bless

18. windblade

windblade Active Member

Spring - thanks for your prayers for Patti, and her husband. And for us all.

Bill - your prayers for CFS to become known and validated and treated could save countless people - young and old from misery. So glad about the TV show - I think that was in the Prohealth newsletter - will check.
  19. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

We, all people in the wordl, cannot even begin to solve the world's problems until we stop the insanity of war.

Also, please pray for those with no voice, the poor, the elderly, the sick, children, and animals.

Thank you, Bill, for carrying on this wonderful tradition here.

Love, Mikie
  20. windblade

windblade Active Member

Joining in your prayer for those who are wounded and vulnerable. Who lack help from society or family.

Judy