Thursday is the big day that determines my life.

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by joyfully, Jan 9, 2008.

1. joyfully

joyfully New Member

I find out tomorrow at the endo. Dr. office about my test results to see if I still have cancer. Please keep me in your thoughts and prayers.

From there, I have to get an injection in another city. Then in the afternoon, I see the pain management doctor in yet another city! I'm going to be wiped out tomorrow.
  2. Jana1

Jana1 New Member

What a huge day for you...I reach across cyberspace and hold your hand in friendship. Everyone here cares for you and I feel the outcome is going to be positive!

Jana1
  3. jole

jole Member

coming your way! What a lot to go through! I wish you the very best, and please let us know how things go. Take good care of yourself and get rested up after all this.
  4. getridof

getridof New Member

I pray for the positive result. Hope you to have enough rest before Thursday. Also hope your husband and son to stay by your side and give you support.
  5. joyfully

joyfully New Member

My hubby drove me to the endo's office this morning. The thyrogobulin test came up NEGATIVE! That is fantastic news. I get checked again in 6 months.

The ultrasound showed a small mass, but they think it is scar tissue. The doctor indicated that the most accurate test is the thyrogobulin test, and that came up negative.

Thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers. This has been a long wait for these results. I think I'm to be checked every 6 months for quite some time. i don't care. It is just a relief that I don't have to swallow more radiation or get more surgery right now.

So now I get to celebrate by going to the pain management spinal doctor this afternoon. I haven't seen him in over a year!

Hope everyone is having a great day. joyfully
  6. fivesue

fivesue New Member

So glad that monkey is off your back!

Now, let's get that pain controlled.

Praising God with you,
    Sue
  7. jole

jole Member

What great news! I can just imagine how relieved you and hubby have to be feeling. Isn't it amazing how much better things look without carrying that weight around? And yes, the Lord is good!

Best wishes with the pain control. It can be such a trial to live with unrelenting pain as well. Good luck to you...
  8. Jana1

Jana1 New Member

wonderful news..having that worry gone will make everything else seem easier..Jana
  9. joyfully

joyfully New Member

It was a nightmare, I had to go on a exceeding low iodine diet for 3 weeks prior to the initial test. Then it was an additional 2 weeks before the BIG radiation test, then I had to wait an additional 2 or 3 weeks after that to ensure all thyroid-like cells would gobble up the radioactive iodine. You have no idea how many foods have iodine in them. EVERY item that contains salt cannot be eaten. You have to assume the salt used by the manufacturer has iodine in it. Red dye #3 is in so many food products, fruits , and veggies. Red dye #3 has iodine in it.

You wouldn't think that all dairy products have iodine, but they do. The farmers wash down the udders with a solution that contains iodine before hooking up the milking machine.

I am sooooooooooooooo glad that I don't have to go on the iodine free diet again and get radiation ablatement therapy again. I pray that my results continue to be negative on the thyrogobulin.

Again, thankyou for all of your thoughts, prayers, and words of encouragement. I could tell I was getting very concerned these past couple of weeks. It is tough when you know that your entire future hinges on one lab sheet with blood test results. YUCK!
  10. Buzybee

Buzybee New Member

Thanks for sharing your good news!! Yeah! God has blessed you, and us with you! :)