Thyroid Hormone (?)

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lin21, Oct 1, 2006.

1. lin21

lin21 New Member

How many out there are on Thyroid hormone and if so what are your experience with them.
    My pain doctor put me on them and when I have good days I feel "really" good but now with the weather changes I'm feeling it again.
    It seems as if the pain has changed, I always had "violent" pain now it is "quieter" and I just go to bed and rest.
    Maybe I'm just wishful thinking since I feel horrible today.
  2. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

This is a confusing subject for me, I've been on Levothyroxine since last Nov/Dec.

It took months for them to start helping me, yet even now I have days when I just feel like my thyroid is "off", and sometimes "very off".

I'm thinking of asking my doc if I can go on a trial of T3 along with the T4. I think some of us with Fibro have trouble converting our T4 into T3 properly.

Do you get the about.com newsletter from Mary Shomon about the thyroid? It's filled with very good information.

Hugs,

Nancy B
  3. lin21

lin21 New Member

Hi Nancy,

No I don't get the newsletter but thanks for the info I'll look into it.

Lin
  4. meme11

meme11 New Member

How do wew get the letter? Meme
  5. Marta608

Marta608 Member

I've taken Armour Thyroid for five years as the result of thyroiditis 18 years ago. I'm not sure what added help it gives me, if any, only to support my own now-faulty thyroid function. I do think the thyroid gland is more important to us than doctors know, and I know that levels are difficult to monitor since they change from hour to hour.
    Very interesting to hear that thyroid levels affect pain.

I see increases in blucky feelings here on the board and notice that it's usually from those of us who are having changing seasons. We're very intolerent to temperature and weather changes and I wonder if that could be part of what you're feeling? I know I'm struggling right now.

Marta
  6. Slayadragon

Slayadragon New Member

I take T3 and have found it very helpful. If you want, look for my post called "Bioidentical Hormones" and let me know if you have questions.
  7. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

If you go to about.com and do a search for thyroid you should come up with the information you need.

The newletter is by Mary Shomon and it's wonderful, always helpful and full of hints like what to ask your doctor, how to read your lab results etc...

Hugs,

Nancy B
  8. Forebearance

Forebearance Member

I have been taking Armour thyroid for years and it works better for me than the synthetic thyroid drugs.

I recently added some Thytrophin PMG from Standard Process. It's over the counter and has only T1, T2, and T3. It's a little extra boost that helps.

Love that Mary Shomon!

Forebearance