Thyroid Illness is Epidemic (Iodine Factor)

Discussion in 'General Health & Wellness' started by jaminhealth, Apr 11, 2014.

1. jaminhealth

jaminhealth Well-Known Member

This AGAIN from Dr. Brownstein....stating Iodine Deficiency being major underlying factor. Also, know that any iodine one has going in their bodies, fluoridated water intake is taking it all out.

www.newsmaxhealth.com/Dr-Brownstein/...thyroid.../id/564667/

1 day ago ... The United States is facing an epidemic of autoimmune thyroid disease.
  2. TigerLilea

TigerLilea Member

I don't believe that thyroid disease is epidemic. I think it is a lot of scare mongering by some alternative med people. It is found in 0.8-5% of the world's population. It is estimated that approximately 5% of seniors have undiagnosed thyroid problems. I've also read that if you are going to get thyroid disease, it is more likely to occur when you are younger, rather than older.
  3. jaminhealth

What would be the purpose of scare mongering? To sell an inexpensive Iodine supp and/or sell an inexpensive thyroid medicine "food".....I believe MANY health issues are very connected to dsyfunctional thyroids....and I've struggled with this issue since 1991 at about age 53.....so I don't believe it's scare mongering....WHY, there are too many losers with the thyroid issues...
  4. jaminhealth

PS: I only went 10 LONG YEARS with a conventional MD and not getting HELP with what I believe was sluggish thyroid, but boy could he write the anti depressant scripts....it was a D.O. MD who put me on Armour no labs, nadda, this MD knew what I needed, not drugs for depression.

If I only knew more those 10 yrs, but I didn't but I started to learn....no TL, it's not scare mongering. There are only about 69 symptoms of HypoT.....and tragically TOO many don't get the help they need.