Thyroid issues and CFS/fibro

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by GBHope, Feb 17, 2006.

1. GBHope

GBHope New Member

I have been battling hyperthyroidism since my hysterectomy in June of 05. My TSH was suppressed to practically nothing and my FT3 and FT4 were elevated along with my EBV titers going up and my sedimentation rate going up. Now my FT3 and FT4 are all normal, but my TSH is still suppressed, my EBV titers are elevated, and my sedimentation rate is still up to 39, was at worst 61. I have been feeling like I'm flaring again and have overdone and I know I better be careful or I'll be right back where I was. Has anyone else had their thyroid whacky with hyperthyroidism like this?

GBHope
  2. kellyann

kellyann New Member

I have had hypo but not hyper thyroid problems. When I first got sick with it I had a big goiter come up on my neck. Silly me thought I had hurt my neck from strain when I painted a ceiling in my house, haha!
    I hope you feel better real soon! Take it easy and don't overdo!
    Kelly
  3. GBHope

GBHope New Member

Not very big and not really pain involved. I am supposed to have an ultrasound of it soon at my next visit in April. At least my FT3 and FT4 have come into normal range. Just wish the TSH would. Thank goodness for Toprol and lorazepam.

GBHope
  4. redtex

redtex New Member

go to drlowe.com. he has some interesting ideas about thyroid treatment.