Thyroid Med Question

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by PVLady, Feb 15, 2007.

1. PVLady

PVLady New Member

Is anyone on compounded Thyroid meds from the FFC center?

Today for the first time, it is labeled T3/T4 Thyroid.

Anyway, because I am so sensitive to meds I opened the capsule and only took 1/2 the dose. That was mid-day with food.

Within a hour I seemed to be feeling better. Normally I have been staying in bed until around 2-3 every day watching tv. I have insomnia and usually don't get to sleep until 2-3 am. Then the next morning, I wake up and don't want to get up. I really don't feel well because I have a hard time eating until after 3pm.

Anyway, I have alot more energy and mentally feel much better. Is it possible I would react that fast?

I was hoping if my problem is low thyroid it would also help my digestive problems.

Here I am at 3 am now, re-arranging my closet and sorting them. I will sit down and let myself get sleepy. At least I am not getting upset about my weird schedule anymore.

I still work by phone every day but this would be great if the thyroid med will help me get back to a normal life...

Thanks for any feed-back

2. AllWXRider

AllWXRider New Member

It has a natural balance of T2+T3+T4. Even thyroid doctors and biochemists don't know exactly what T2 does.

T4 is a quasi-stable thyroid hormone that floats in our body as a reserve hormone.

T3 is the active form and directly controls the metabolism of each cell. Its the "gas pedal" of cell metabolism.

When needed, T4 gets converted into T3 by the cells and also by the thyroid. How and why isn't understood yet but this explains why Synthoid (synthetic T4) works for some and not for others.

Synthoid did nothing for my wife but with Armour, in two weeks her thermostat got turned on! She thought it was a hot flash but she didn't sweat, it was like her metabolism just fired up to normal.

Mary Shomom has a great website on Thyroid issues. She has several articles that point to Cadmium, a toxic metal, interferes with the T4->T3 conversion.

A hair analysis can find elevated levels of Cadmium.

If your body can't convert T4->T3, then taking T3 would have a dramatic effect.
  3. PVLady

PVLady New Member

I don't know what my body can't convert but the result from taking this is dramatic. I don't know the strength, etc. The label on the bottle just says Thyroid T3/T4.

I do know I feel like new person. Go figure. I hope more people can give me some feedback.

This ia amazing. For years I have suffered.