Thyroid Meds...... Any advice for right meds?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by JolieLuLu, Jun 27, 2006.

1. JolieLuLu

JolieLuLu New Member

Hiya!

I have found out that my thyroid has met its match to Hashimotos (sp?). I have started with synthroid and went as low as 12mcg. I have severe hyperthyroid symptoms that are worse than being fatigued! My Free t3 and reverse T3 are midline normal. Anyone have success with another method of taking synthroid or another thyroid med?

Thanks in advance!
    jolie~
  2. CanBrit

CanBrit Member

I see that you are an RN. I'm guessing you have a goitre. Did they biopsy you to confirm the diagnosis of Hashimoto's. Just curious because there are several forms of thyroiditis (subacute, silent and post partum)which seem to have hyperthyroidism as a symptom.

I was diagnosed with Hashimoto's 2 years ago and am currently on 75 mcg's of levothyroxine. My TSH was 15 and I forget what the FT4 was, but it was messed up to.

From what I can gather, with hashimoto's, if you are not hypothyroid, then they suggest monitoring your levels without treatment. That would seem logical since the low dose synthroid appears to be putting you into a hyperthyroid state.

Regards,

Eileen

3. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

ditto the above post. Unless you are actually hypothyroid leave Hash alone and monitor.

Love Anne Crom