Thyroid Meds Did you feel great then bad?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by LISALOO, Dec 21, 2006.

1. LISALOO

LISALOO New Member

I went on thyroid, armour, and I felt 50% better until a couple of days atfter getting on the full 1gm dose. Did this happen to anyone else? Is it me on too high a dose?

I might have overdone it, did anyone else? How long did it take to get back on track?
  2. Slayadragon

Slayadragon New Member

What were your symptoms when you started feeling bad?

I can't take armour or any kind of T4 preparation. I can take lots of compounded T3 and benefit from it a lot, however. I'm not sure of why this is (and have yet to come across anyone who has given a definitive answer), but this seems not to be uncommon amongst CFS patients.
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I take only 125 mcgms. Once, the pharmacy gave me the generic which, according to the pharmacist, absorbs better than the name brand. Well, it must because I was wired all day.

My labs were "normal" but my doc knows that our labs don't always mean anything. Taking the Synthroid has boosted my energy but not a lot. I no longer need naps every day. That is pretty big. Also, it has helped with heart palpitations which have no known cause. I seldom have them anymore.

Thyroid meds are touchy things. I do plan to see an endocrinologist this coming year. I've been too busy with other treatments but now feel I would be remiss if I didn't check out the glands and hormones.

Love, Mikie
  4. Slayadragon

Slayadragon New Member

I actually used an excellent doctor (MD Stanford) who specialized in bioidentical hormones (and had CFS herself) when I started on T3. Based on my experiences with endocrinologists, I'm quite sure that she is far better at that stuff than almost any of them.

My current doctor (I decided to consolidate my treatment) is well-versed in CFS and uses the same protocol as the bioidentical hormone doctor with regard to T3.

This is one hormone that I'm pretty sure I've got right. I am going to re-evaluate my estrogen and DHEA levels since I've hit my 40's, however.

Not everybody benefits from the same sort of treatment, of course.....
  5. LISALOO

LISALOO New Member

Thanks for answering my questions. I tried all the bioidentical thyroids, but I was allergic to every one. That's why I'm on armour.

It's so frustrating, nothing has helped yet, so I got so excited, no more naps, shopping 1 hour a day. Then ugh, I feel hopeless like I'll never get out of this disease ever! Now it's back to the couch 24/7 and naps.