thyroid people

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by bettydroop, Mar 24, 2006.

1. bettydroop

bettydroop New Member

Anyone taking t3t4 thyroid feel hot and sweaty like you cant take the heat?

Also my last two cycles have been really heavy flow , longer than usual, and terrible cramps.

I started these approx. 6 weeks ago- I just wanna know if this happened to others and will (hopefully) go away -of course.

Please comment if you can- Thank you.

2. pemaw54

pemaw54 New Member

Cant help you with your period problems.( I went into menapause at 40) Ive had hypothyroid for about 8 yrs. I get the hot hot hot flashes all during the day and most of the night. Sometimes have to get up to change my gown. I can no longer stand the heat whether its from a heater or from the sun. I now run my AC in the car all yr long. I freeze my poor hubby out!

3. Juloo

Juloo Member

I forget exactly when I started. My cycles since then have been normal length, and about average -- even perhaps a little lighter than usual. No cramping, but I don't normally have problems with that.

Oops, forgot -- re:the heat. I *always* been like that. the only time I've gotten relief is when I went on antidepressants. But the relief is not exactly in the form I'd want. Instead of not getting overheated and miserable, I sweat buckets to cool off. So, sort of a little better, but not aesthetically!
    [This Message was Edited on 03/25/2006]
  4. skierchik

skierchik New Member

When my doctor gave me Cytomel (t3) (I already take T4), I got my period which was a good thing because I wasn't getting them regularly. I feel better when I get them. This is one way your body cleanses.

It seemed to last too long though, and I feel strongly that it was the T3. I can't take very much at all of it, only a spec now. My doc had me taking 5 mcg two times a day. Holy cow, I was jittery, nervous, hot, couldn't sleep, etc. Most people it seems can only take a spec of it. I cut mine into many pieces and I don't take it everyday. Have you checked out It's great for us "hypos"

My ? is, are you on magnesium? This is a must for CFS/FM patients and will help immensely with pain, and period cramps. I take Mag. and I don't get any cramps any more. I take about 800-1000mg of Chelated Magnesium everyday. Start with 400mg and work up slowly.

5. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

If you take the non-hormone kind like I do, there is no risk of side effects. but you have 2 choices w/ the natural route, there are also lypholized glands that have the naturally occurring hormones intact.

6. elsa

elsa New Member

Been on T3 treatment since October. No problems with hot flashes, not standing the heat or period problems. In fact my cycle has been like clock work.

I did have about ... oh, a week or so backk when I was climbing up my T3 dose where I did get "warm". I think it was the start of the third week at 35mcgs .... Didn't last long and not a problem now.

I attributed it to having been sooo cold for sooo long that I registered normal sweat responses as abnormal. It seems I was on the right track as I haven't had a problem since. I take 100mcgs in the AM and 50mcgs in the early afternoon.

Take care,

[ advertisement ]