Thyroid Results- Klutzo (other doctors?)

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by smilemona, Jul 5, 2003.

1. smilemona

smilemona New Member

My Thyroid Peroxidase Antibodies were 5/High (<2 is reference range)

The other thyroid levels were in range.

The interpretation by the nurse is that the Antibodies levels are *not significant*.

Is it actually insignificant?
  2. klutzo

klutzo New Member

First, I am not a doctor! I wish I was one, but I am just a Psychiatric Social Worker on disability for Fibro for a long time, who has studied Naturopathic Medicine with an emphasis on Nutrition.

I thought a positive test to thyroid antibodies would mean you may have Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, but I must be wrong in light of what your nurse said.

You should keep bumping this post up until Madwolf comes back on Monday and see what he has to say. You may also want to retitle the post to address it to him, so he will be sure to see it. He is a P.A. who works with our thyroid problems all the time.

Sorry I can't be of more help on this one,
    Klutzo
  3. smilemona

smilemona New Member

Thanks for responding, Klutzo!

Since I just started participating on this group about two weeks ago, I haven't learned who everyone is. I knew there were a few doctors here, and yes, I thought you were one of them! Thanks for clarifying. :)

I will bump it up for MadWolf for Monday. That's a great tip. (I recently figured out what bumping is...so I'm getting the hang of this board and that's fun!)
    [This Message was Edited on 07/30/2003]