Thyroid surgery on Tuesday

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by biddys2007, Dec 9, 2007.

1. biddys2007

biddys2007 New Member

Hi Everyone: Hope all are doing good and not snowed or iced in,we are having rain and lots of it here in Ky. Hubby left today and went to Memphis and said he had to turn his air conditioner on in the truck,has been warm here today. Our yard is starting to look like a swimming pool. I will have my thyroid surgery on Tuesday,have to be at the hospital,overnight but should be home by Wednesday. Thank you all for your support and prayers. I will keep everyone updated,hopefully my daughter can do that for me. We went xmas shopping on Saturday and spent the day together,it was nice since I don't see her to often between her work and school. She will be with her dad on Tuesday so he won't be alone. Take care everyone and will talk to you soon and send some more recipes. Biddy
  2. joyfully

joyfully New Member

Tyroid surgery really isn't painful like surgeries where they cut through muscle groups. Ask for an anti nausea injection to be administered prior to waking up in recovery room. Have your doctor write that on your chart before surgery.

Drink plenty of water after the surgery to help flush all of the chemicals out of your body.

Best of luck. We will be praying for you. Soft hugs. Joyfully
  3. ckball

ckball New Member

I will pray for you, I had this operation at the age of 15, I am now 52. I take Synthroid everyday and have been fine, well with the thyroid anyway :)

Yes, ask for the anti-nausea meds, the last thing you want is to get sick with the incision on your neck.

Best wishes to you and a fast recovery, I know your family will be there for you. Carla
  4. fivesue

fivesue New Member

a good outcome and an easy recovery.

Hang in there and know you have many people thinking and praying for you.