Thyroid... TSH 0.68

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by star273, Jul 23, 2008.

1. star273

star273 New Member

I was wondering if this is too low? It says the normal range is 0.40-4.50 but it seems to me like it is low. I asked my Dr. but she says its fine. Maybe my Dr. isnt aware of everything with the thyroid and fibro.
    Can anyone tell me anything about this?
    Thanks so much.
  2. spmom

spmom New Member

It's only too low if you have symptoms of being hyper (heart palps, racing heart, etc.) My doc never goes on lab values. In fact, I don't even get labs because one size does not fit all. I could barely function with a TSH of 3, which in considered in normal range. Listen to your body and go from there.
  3. sydneysider

sydneysider Member

As already mentioned above 1 is about ideal. I've heard that a too low TSH can cause thinning of the bones. My doctor argued that I couldn't go on thyroid meds as it was dangerous due to thinning bones.

Guess it's up to your doctor. .68 may be OK.

I did quite a bit of research and found that the 'normal' range is not actually the 'healthy normal' range. Unfortunately, I'm not sure about the lower end, I only know that above 2 is not good.

All the best
  4. Janalynn

Janalynn New Member

Mine is .52 - doc says mine is 'great'. Thought my thyroid might be part of the reason why I can't drop a pound, feel tired etc. Nope. Had my T3 and T4 checked as well and they were in the normal range as well.
  5. glenpr

glenpr New Member

all of my thyroid tests are low normal, but recently had my parathyroid tested----it was high. So dont forget to ask for it.
  6. hensue

hensue New Member

What is it? What range is it suppose to be in?