Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kellygirl, Oct 7, 2008.

1. kellygirl

kellygirl Member

I just saw a book was out about FMS and autoimmune disorders being caused by the thyroid gland? Could that be true?
  2. bre_ann

bre_ann New Member

I've had my thyroid checked, rechecked, checked again, rechecked again...and it's normal. I have a lot of symptoms that seem to be thyroid related but as many times as I've had it checked, I guess there's nothing wrong with it.
  3. wordwarrior

wordwarrior New Member

Don't know if this helps but...

I have Hashimoto's disease and had half my thyroid out 1.5 years ago - and was diagnosed with fibro this year. So, I'd say they may be related. Thyroid Auto immune diseases and fibro can't really be good for each other - at least that is what I think.

4. kellygirl

kellygirl Member

Please explain how you take the Armour? What exactly is it? Thanks.
  5. Atlanta8

Atlanta8 New Member

What tests did you have done? If it was just TSH, you may have a problem since it's not an accurate indication of what's going on. Unfortunately the NHS bluntly refuse to test anything other than TSH if that level is normal, so we're having to go private. AGAIN...

I'm going to see a brill thyroid doc on friday called Gordon Skinner. He treats lots of CFS patients and believes in looking at the body as a whole, ie, if we are displaying classic hypothyroid signs, we should be given a trial dose to see if it helps. If our bodies aren't working normally, then the "Normal" range may be obsolete in our case.
  6. kellygirl

kellygirl Member

I saw another post explaining the Armour, I am 55 so will definitely look into it!

I love you guys, you are a life-saver to me!