THYROID

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by maggierose, Oct 18, 2008.

1. maggierose

maggierose New Member

HI TO ALL, I HAVE NOT BEEN ON FOR A LONG TIME. I HAVE TO TELL ALL OF YOU THAT MY FM. IS SO MUCH BETTER . I WAS SO BAD BED RIDDEN FOR A YEAR WITH PAIN ALL OVER. I HAVE TO SAY THAT MY THYROID WAS IN LOW NOMAL RANGE I HAD ALL SYMTOMS AND I BEGGED THE DOCTOR TO PUT ME ON THYROID AND SEE IF I WOULD FEEL BETTER. THEY WERE HESITANT BUT DID. I FEEL SO MUCH BETTER I CAN'T TELL YOU. IT TOOK ABOUT SIX MONTHS OR MORE,BUT NOW I FEEL GREAT.IT TOOK AWHILE TO GET ON THE RIGHT DOSE BUT WHAT A DIFFENCE. I THINK ALOT OF US OUT THERE HAVE THYROID PROBLEMS AND ARE NOT BEING TREATED FOR IT. I HOPE I CAN HELP SOMEONE OUT THERE WITH THIS KNOWLEDGE. IT TOOK ME YEARS TO FEEL LIKE THIS. I THANK THE LORD EVERY DAY AND I FEEL SO BLESSED. THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP IN THE PASSED. MAGGIEROSE
  2. spmom

spmom New Member

I believe there is a strong thyroid/fibromyalgia connection. I was diagnosed with hypothyroid and treated with Levothyroixine. I did o.k. for a while but then went into a three year bout of extreme fatigue. While it was quickly shrugged off as related to my fibro, I knew it was thyroid related. I found that I was thyroid hormone resistant, which means my body is resistant to T4 essentially and I can only take T3. I now have my life back--no more fatigue. I do, however, still have the pain of fibromyalgia. I just feel like there is some connection between the two, but not sure exactly--it's very complex.
    spmom