Ticket to work...........Is it a trap?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by silky17, Nov 29, 2005.

1. silky17

silky17 New Member

Just curious if any who are disability as used their ticket to work? If so how has it been and what kind of things do you have to deal with from Social Security? Let me know if you could guys.

Thanks,
    Debbie
  2. JLH

JLH New Member

I don't know anyone who has used it.

I wonder if you take SS up on their ticket to work, and then you are NOT able to cut it after working for a while, can you get your SSDI reinstated again???????
  3. silky17

silky17 New Member

Anyone out there with there stories?

4. rockyjs

rockyjs Member

Here's the section from the Ticket to Work page about reinstatement of benefits. If you're using the program you won't have any medical reviews during the trial period.

Jan

If my disability benefits stop because I go back to work, will I have to file a new application if I can’t work anymore?

Effective January 1, 2001, if your benefits have ended because of work, you can request that we start your benefits again without having to file a new application. There are some important conditions:

You have to be unable to work because of your medical condition.

The medical condition must be the same as or related to the condition you had when we first decided that you should receive disability benefits.

You have to file your request to start your benefits again within 60 months of the date you were last entitled to benefits.

While we determine whether you can receive benefits again, you can receive up to six months of temporary benefits as well as Medicare or Medicaid. If we deny your request, we will not ask you to repay the temporary benefits.