TIGER BALM

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by hoodnanny, Jan 2, 2006.

1. hoodnanny

hoodnanny New Member

i hurt so bad in my shoulder and neck and i cant find anything that will quite the pain....have any of you tried tiger balm and it and how does it work.
    shirley
  2. sunflowergirl

sunflowergirl Well-Known Member

I have tried Tiger Balm and it does work. Just be sure to WASH YOUR HANDS thoroughly, and clean under your fingernails to rid your hands of it before you touch your eyes or your face.

Personally I love Super Blue but I now have to buy it online because can't find it in the store anymore. It is so handy because it's a roll on. I carry one in the car, one in my purse, and extra's at home.

I'm finding that applying frozen bottles of water or frozen peas in a bag to my neck or shoulder helps to numb it and take away some of the pain.
  3. hoodnanny

hoodnanny New Member

thank you all. i just was looking for something to kill pain on the computer and saw where tiger balm was advertised to relieve pain. so i wondered if it really worked...
    do you know about emu oil.....does it work..
    just fishing for some help with pain..
    blessings to you
    shirley
  4. Tigger57

Tigger57 New Member

I use to use it on my sinuses when I would go to be at night to east the pain. I would put some on my forhead, temples, and just below the sinus cavities on my cheeks. It helped sometimes, but it was too harsh for my skin.
    Hugs,
    Tigger
  5. sunflowergirl

sunflowergirl Well-Known Member

because I heard a lot about it. Forget it. It was a waste of money.
  6. understandU

understandU New Member

try Blue stuff It has emu oil in it which helps the skin absorbtion. Works great if you don't mind the sting for awhile. Also there is a product called Pain Control
    Creme which is good, sold by TYH (to your health) co.
    Both very good products. Get to feeling better! Both, probably more expensive than the Tiger Balm. Have never tried that. Donna
    [This Message was Edited on 01/02/2006]
  7. jfrustrated

jfrustrated New Member

I used to use it. It is OK if there is someone to massage it in for you and are careful to wash hands, avoid sensitive skin. I did find the smell soothing, but it was too hard to rub in myself - I really had to massage it and it did aggravate my skin a little.

I think there are better things to use. I do not think it would really be a great held with bad shoulder and neck pain. What about magnesium?
  8. Casamadre5

Casamadre5 Member

I use a natural creme called Oregon creme. Lasts forever, no smell and is wonderful pain relief. I found it through an acquaintance who used it after burns from radiation after mastectomy....healed her completely & now she sells it. Very low key...just happy to share something great with those in need of relief.
  9. ggks

ggks New Member

I went to google and typed in Oregon Creme and there was nothing about pain reduction. Can you tell us more about it. ggks
  10. zerped

zerped New Member

I've been a big fan of Tiger Balm for 25 years now. When I was taking martial arts classes, my instructor recommended it. I've had lots of neck and back pain, and the stuff always lessens the pain or removes it entirely. I used to be real self-conscious about the smell. Then a few years ago I hed to put some on just before I left the house, and I forgot about how I would smell to others.

Both times, women moved in closer and asked, "What are you wearing, that's smells really good" (!) I thought women had more sensitive sense of smell than men! LOL I joke now about my new "pickup technique," but I'm a big fan. And definitely wash hands thoroughly. The first time I used the stuff I went straight from putting it on to going to the bathroom and it stings REALLY bad if it gets on the privates!