TIGGER 57..Flint River Ranch food

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by MamaDove, Dec 26, 2005.

1. MamaDove

MamaDove New Member

Hi Tigger,

Please read my first post on the other thread "GREENIES"...I also wanted to let you know I did my own search on Innova and found myself on the Natura site...

First, I noticed their ingredients list claims they have the 5 major food groups and puts WHITE IDAHO POTATOES and APPLES in the regular dog food...If your boy is overweight and still is even while lowering the amount, this may be a sugar issue...POTATOES and APPLES break down to sugars...Seems like lots of carbs in this food...

I also loved their product comparison...If you do it and click on FRR original puppy/adult food, the list is not FACT! As usual, dog food companies want your money and this is one more tactic in getting it...The list is short and vague and makes it look like an inferior food...

One more thing that may interest you, Whole Dog Journal releases a newsletter monthly for dog's better health which I subscribe to...Although Innova is listed as a quality ingredient pet food, the carbs may be too much for your boy. May take some time to find something better for him...FRR may not be the one for you either, every food is not for every dog...

Just some food for thought...tehe...Alicia
  2. Tigger57

Tigger57 New Member

Thank you so much. He is also hypOthyroid. It was the allergies that were the biggest problems and his legs bothering him.

I'm going to research it and see. It it so hard for me right now since I can hardly feed myself and keep a roof over our heads.

This has been a horrible year and I pray that next year is better.

Thank you so much for the info.
    Tigger