Tight Bra equal Chest Pain

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ladybird1, Dec 1, 2002.

1. ladybird1

ladybird1 New Member

Bought three bras all same size, same manufacturer, same price, same size (supposedly). Had been wearing two of them alternately with no problems. Put on the new third one,within 5 minutes, felt like I had vise(sp?) grip around my chest. Was feeling OK when I first got up, just the usual stiffness in back adn lower arms. Removed the bra and compared it with other two. Appears slightly smaller; must have been mis-tagged at factory. Put on one of the ones I had already "broken in". Felt much better but chest pain settled in for rest of day. I'm still aching now. Took Ultram and Tylenol earlier during the day. Taking my trazadone, plus a Tylenol PM tonight. I'm currently out of Soma because the mail order prescription has not arrived yet.
    Anyone else out there ever had this bra problem trigger pain?
  2. ladybird1

ladybird1 New Member

Bought three bras all same size, same manufacturer, same price, same size (supposedly). Had been wearing two of them alternately with no problems. Put on the new third one,within 5 minutes, felt like I had vise(sp?) grip around my chest. Was feeling OK when I first got up, just the usual stiffness in back adn lower arms. Removed the bra and compared it with other two. Appears slightly smaller; must have been mis-tagged at factory. Put on one of the ones I had already "broken in". Felt much better but chest pain settled in for rest of day. I'm still aching now. Took Ultram and Tylenol earlier during the day. Taking my trazadone, plus a Tylenol PM tonight. I'm currently out of Soma because the mail order prescription has not arrived yet.
    Anyone else out there ever had this bra problem trigger pain?
  3. granmama

granmama New Member

I DID JUST THE SAME THING YOU DID, BOUGHT 3 BRAS ALL ON SALE, SAME STYLE AND SAME SIZE.
    AFTER WEARING THE 1ST 2 OUT, PUT THE THIRD ONE ON ONLY TO FIND IT TIGHT, REALLY TIGHT!
    THEN, I FIGURED IT OUT, IT WAS REALLY ME, I HAD GAINED WEIGHT.

I HAD HEARD FROM MY SISTER AND OTHERS THAT THE "OPRHA" BRA WAS AN EXCELLENT ONE AND ONCE YOU WORE ONE, YOU WOULD NOT WANT ANY OTHERS.
    I WENT TO DILLARDS AND REQUESTED A "FITTER" AND SHE HELPED ME FIND AN OPRHA BRA THAT WOULD BE THE CORRECT SIZE. UNFORTUNETLY, THEY DIDN'T HAVE MY PARTICULAR SIZE IN THE STYLE I PREFERRED.
    I'M GOING AGAIN THIS WEEK TO SEE IF THEY HAVE RESTOCKED.
    THE BRA IS ON THE EXPENSIVE SIDE, AROUND $55.OO.

BUT TUGGING ON THE ONE I'M WEARING NOW (UNDERWIRE) JUST AGGRAVATES MY CHEST MUSCLES, NOT TO MENTION THE IRRITATION THAT OCCURS UNDER THE BREASTS. THIS PAST SUMMER, I HAD A FUNGAL INFECTION, BUT WITH THE COOLER WEATHER, I'M NOT SWEATING AND THAT HAS HELPED. I STILL USE MY ANTI-FUNGAL AT NIGHT AND BABY POWDER DURING THE DAY. THIS SEEMS TO BE A RITUAL THAT HAS WORKED FOR ME.
    I NEVER HAVE HAD TO TAKE ANY MEDICATION FOR THE SORE MUSCLES THOUGH.
    I DON'T WEAR A BRA AROUND THE HOUSE, I WEAR SLEEVELESS UNDERSHIRTS AT HOME.
    MY HUSBAND HATES THEM, SAYS MEN CALL THEM "WIFE BEATER" T-SHIRTS. OH MY GOODNESS, HE CAN BE SO COMICAL SOMETIMES!

IF YOU DECIDE TO TRY ONE, LET ME KNOW HOW IT WORKS FOR YOU,
    AND VS.
    GOOD LUCK,
    granmama
  4. lease79

lease79 New Member

If I wear a bra at all (any bra & I have lots of them) the pain & breathing problems become unbearable :(
    I think that my probs are probably Costo related. But even thought I am larger chested I am living in a thermal crop top.

Lease
  5. klutzo

klutzo New Member

Costo-Chondritis may be the culprit. Also, the older bras had stretched out and were more comfortable.
    I only wear regular bras when I go out somewhere nice. Because of my size I must wear underwires, and they hurt.
    At home or just running errands, I wear only sports bras. They don't hurt and they stop the bouncing.
    Klutzo
  6. Roberta17

Roberta17 New Member

When I read your e-mail I was reminded of the beginning of my pain troubles!
    About 10 years ago, I was having INCREDIBLE pain in my chest straight through to my back! Went to several doctors, had all kinds of tests done, and everything was normal! One of the doctors said it was costochondritis, and basically said learn to live with it. After months of lots of pain, I finally tried switching to a larger bra - it was a MIRACLE!!!! (And plus, I realized that sleeping on my left side would also trigger this pain.) Once I estsablished the things that were taboo, and quit doing them, the pain went away about 95%!! About 4 years later, the fibromyalgia came to visit and has been with me ever since, but the costo problem only comes back if I wear something too tight, sleep on my side, or have to strenous of a visit with the massage therapist!!
    Hope your problem will be as easy to solve!

Take Care!
  7. MildredAnn

MildredAnn New Member

To eliminate the sweating under breasts just use your roll on deodorant under your breasts when you use it under your arms. Works GREAT!!