Tight muscles - feel like could be plucked like guitar strings!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by meowchowchow, Oct 23, 2005.

1. meowchowchow

meowchowchow New Member

I know this is wierd. I don't have pain but I do have this tense muscle all over my body...especially neck, arms, shoulders and tongue (yes, tongue) and my muscles just feel so TIGHT.

It makes me think of guitar strings and they're pulled all tight and could just be plucked.

I know a lot of you have muscle tension...is this what yours is like? I always feel like I have crazy stuff going on!

Thanks,
    Meow
  2. Jen102

Jen102 New Member

sounds like myofascial pain syndrome. Been there, done that. At one time i had great difficulty swallowing and talking. my tongue had a mind of it's own. hope you find relief. Jen
  3. meowchowchow

meowchowchow New Member

Interesting...can you have this without having pain? I don't have pain, just tension, trembleness, etc.

thanks,
    meow
  4. sleepyinlalaland

sleepyinlalaland New Member

rather than pain. Feeling like a strung guitar is an apt description. I have muscle tension in my neck, shoulders and sides (ribcage) that no massage or even prescription muscle relaxer can touch. Stretching and yoga feel good while I do them...and I do throughout the day out of necessity...but the effects stop as soon as the workout stops.

My episodes of actual PAIN are intermittent, but always mysterious. In childhood it was migraines, muscle cramps and costochondritis, During teens I broke ribs several times during episodes of bronchitis (ouch), in 20s I had nearly a year of pleurisy and the costo again, and was prone to bursitis. Now, I ocassionally get something out of wack, usually neck or hip, but other than those times I do not have daily chronic PAIN. I call it chronic SEVERE DISCOMFORT!