tight stomach muscles

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by bobolee, Jan 23, 2003.

1. bobolee

bobolee New Member

I know this probably sounds CRAZY, but in this flare up, I not only for the first time have a burning sensation on my skin that comes and goes, but also my stomach muscles feel "tight", sometimes making it feel like I can't get a deep breath. Is this another part of FM?????? It seems that each flare up gets worse with more symptoms. I think this time is bad because it is also triggered by a car accident. I am tiredof doctoring, am so depressed, and anxious. I don't know how else to explain this sensation. It is always bugging me when I am sitting, not so much when I am laying down. It is as if the stomach muscles will not relax. Anyone else feel this way, or am I going crazy??????????
  2. tes

tes New Member

If you're describing what I think you are, I suffer the same as well. It doesn't feel like a stomach ache, however, it feels like a tightening and burning sensation. It feels better when I stretch, so I think it is muscular. Maybe you should have your stomach checked out just to be on the safe side. I myself am also sick of doctoring. Try massaging the area that is bugging you and see if you feel better. Hope you feel better soon. Tes
  3. epicurean

epicurean New Member

I have myofacial pain syndrome-and this is the type of pain I get.I't worse if I'm riding in car a long time and when I'm having a "flare".
    If you never heard of it-type it in search messages on top of page.Maybe something else-but I would read it and see if it sounds like your symptoms.