Tim Luckett's blog

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ladybugmandy, Dec 7, 2009.

1. ladybugmandy

ladybugmandy Member

hi all. i thought i would start a new post about tim luckett's new blog posts. i wish i didn't read it. lol

he seems to be saying XMRV is more like HIV than they thought...and that drug development will have to start from scratch!!!

is the situation really that dire!??
  2. kat0465

kat0465 New Member

Although over these past 15 years of being sick, i knew it was going to be something really bad just by the way i felt.
    But Just thinking about AIDS, it makes me worry for my Children & husband.both of my kids show signs of cfs:(

i would think tho, if this turns out to be a lot like AIDS, surely SOME drug protocols that help AIDS Patients would help us?!? just wondering too, is DR. luckett working with the WPI People??

i've never heard of him before
  3. karynwolfe

karynwolfe New Member

Thanks for posting this, ladybugmandy!

I went to his main page and read about THIS

and that leaves me hopeful, suddenly we have the FDA's attention for a FAST-TRACKED drug!
  4. AuntTammie

AuntTammie New Member

I didn't know about his blog.....lots of really interesting (and very scary) stuff on there

I am in such complete emotional overload rt now.....looking back at my recent blood work and it is making more sense to me and also fitting the typical CFS profile (if there is one)....I have been very hesitant to believe that XMRV is the cause & I still don't know, but the 3 strikes theory on his site sure makes sense.....on the one hand, knowing that CFS/ME might very well be something very much like HIV does not make the situation any worse - we already knew it was bad and now at least they can have some idea of how to begin to develop better treatments (& it is validation that we are really and truly very sick)....on the other hand, oh my gosh, we might have something that is very much like HIV and that is terrifying! In general, though, I have to say taht I am of the opinion that knowing the truth, even if it is bad, is better than not knowing....at least it gives us something to work with. We can't do anything about a situation (or illness) until we know what we are dealing with.

I know I might sound a bit slow in this reaction, but like I said I have been trying not to really respond/react/overreact bc there is still so much we need to learn......but this blog is very helpful and very scary and the more I read the more convinced I am becoming

the other thing that still worries me is that there has always been some indication of subsets and if those subsets are caused by something physical other than XMRV, I hope that the people who have whatever those other causes may be do not get left out in the cold by/bc of the XMRV research
    [This Message was Edited on 12/07/2009]
    [This Message was Edited on 12/07/2009]
  5. ladybugmandy

ladybugmandy Member

its funny...i have been so sick i always went around saying that if i could even get a few yrs of feeling better in exchange for an early death, i would take it. now it looks like that might really be the case with the toxic drugs i might have to take......it is too real.