TIME AND CHANCE

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by ixoye, Aug 13, 2007.

1. ixoye

ixoye New Member

My son was doing so well... until he got attacked in every area, and gave up and quit. I wrote him this letter to encourage him and I felt it would be good for all of you to read as well.

The bible says everyone will be given a time and chance. (Ecclesiastes 9:11) A chance to discover the destiny for your life, a chance to get your hearts desire, a chance for breakthrough where all the promises of God will be met, but it will only happen in God’s time. It may not even look like it’s the road you wanted to walk in, you may have wanted to do it your way, but God wants you to give up self and do it His way.

Do you have enough faith in God? Do you have enough trust in God? Can you give up self and do it God’s way?

You still have a great testimony. You haven’t lost, you may be down but you are not out. The bible says people will fall, everyone has fallen short but Satan can never snatch you, God’s chosen ones from His hand. The bible says call it all joy when trials come your way, (James 1:1) because the result will be the ability to endure, and you will come back and be stronger than ever in your faith. And you will have an even greater testimony.

People need to hear stories like yours, people who are going through similar situations. People who have no hope and people who don’t know God as well as you do. They need to have a role model to follow. They need to hear about how you struggled, and how you rose up and by faith you conquered your problems.

God has given you an open door. Time and chance is waiting for you, but God gives everyone free will, to do what he chooses. Will you try it God’s way and see where this opportunity takes you, or will you do nothing at all.

You need to give up self. Things may not have worked out the way you wanted them to but are you going to give up on God? God is waiting for you to give everything up for Him. How much do you love God? How much do you trust God? What is your motive?

Are you going to be like Job and stand the test of time? God can do anything He wants, how do you know He won’t give you what you asked for in the end. You need to be willing to love God enough to let go of your dreams, let go of doing things your way, and begin to seek God and start doing things His way. “Seek God first and all His ways of doing things, and all these other things you desire will be given to you as well.”

It may look like it’s not going to happen it may be taking a long time, but God is a God of completion, and He will bring it to pass.

The enemy will try everything he can to discourage you and give you thoughts that are not of God. Thank God for everything, hope, pray and expect great things to happen. Refuse to give up. Don’t cave in and quit. You need to get a new fire, believing every promise of God will come to pass.

God can turn around anything. What Satan meant for evil, God will turn around for His good. (Philippians 1:6) “He who begun a good work in you will fulfill it to completion.”

Get in agreement with God. Fight the good fight of faith, and you will see the promises come to pass.

God’s mercy is new everyday, God loves you unconditionally and when we fall we need to ask God for forgiveness and God will wash us whiter than snow.

Begin again, get a new vision, get your hopes up, get your dreams back, and God will supply all your needs.

Declare favor over your vision everyday. Speak out positive confessions.

When you give up self and your way of doing things and walk in love, God will move in your life.

Deny yourself; lose the thoughts and the desires and emotions that are contrary to God’s way. Stop doing it your way. Faith is not a feeling. Resist those things that are not of God and obey God’s word.

(Romans1:17) “The just shall live by Faith.” AND NO ONE CAN PLEASE GOD WITHOUT IT.

(Hebrews 11:1) “Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence not seen.”

(Hebrews 10:35) “Cast not away your confidence for it has a great reward,”

(Galatians 5:6) “Faith works through love.”

God said: “I command you to love.”

Keep in mind:

NO WORD = NO FAITH

NO LOVE = NO POWER

NO POWER = NO ANNOINTING

BUT REMEMBER GREATER IS HE THAT IS IN YOU, THAN HE THAT IS IN THE WORLD,

“AND YOU CAN - AND WILL DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST JESUS!”

Amen

2. joyfully

joyfully New Member

Hi. I went to your bio to get some background about you.

Wow, you have been through alot. I'm not sure what you are referring to when you state that your son was "attacked in every area".

I obviously don't know the entire story, but I'm going to offer some Motherly advice.

I recently read a saying that goes, "people don't care what you know, until they know that you care. I'm suggesting that you put this letter away for awhile.

I think first your son has to know that you care and are listening. I'd make the message short. I'd tell him how proud you are of him, and that you know how hard he has tried. I'd also let him know that everybody makes mistakes---and the important thing is what you learn from the mistake ----not the mistake itself.

Anyway, that is my opinion. you obviously know more about the situation than I do, but I think your son needs you to listen. I don't think he is going to listen to you until you have listened to what he has to say.

You don't have to agree with his position, but you do have to acknowledge his feelings. Soft hugs. I know this isn't easy. it is especially hard since you don't have family backing you up and/or a role model.
  3. ixoye

ixoye New Member

Thank you for your response, and I appreciate your advice. Unfortunately I have a strained relationship with my son. For years I’ve tried getting close to him, but to no avail he has decided to shut me out. The only way I can communicate with him is through my letters. He knows how I feel, and how much I love him, and that I would do anything for him. I have written letters to him in the past that he kept, and there was one I wrote telling him how proud I was of him and he thanked me for it. This time however he crumbled the letter and threw it away. I guess you were right about putting away the letter.

I don’t know how to get through to him. He was getting so close to God, I could see the change taking place in his life, he was trying his best to be a better person to me. He would spend his entire day, either reading the bible or listening to teaching tapes. He even began evangelizing. This is the reason why I wrote that letter I was hoping it would snap him out of it, because he knows the word of God so well; but the devil knows our weak areas, and he hit every one of my son’s at once. I believe in time this will pass, and that he will get on the right path again.

I appreciate any other advice you or anyone else may have to share.

Thank you and God bless.

ixoye
  4. ixoye

ixoye New Member

Thank you Sweet Potatoe for your prayers and opening my eyes. I’m sorry if I came across harsh in the past to you or anyone else I had responded to before on the boards. I have so much faith in God and I figured how can you, or anyone else go wrong with God‘s word. For me He is the only one I can trust and so I put all of my hope and faith in Him. Maybe part of it is due to my upbringing so much was expected of me. I had no choice but to try and stay strong in order to survive, and when I found Jesus life became so much easier for me. For me it’s hard not to try and encourage with the word of God because it saved me from death and destruction. I only want the best for people and my children.

I will try and remember that everyone is different and some are more fragile than others. I hope and I pray that God can use me to make a difference in this cold hard world.

God bless,

ixoye

5. ixoye

ixoye New Member

Thank you for your words of encouragement. There is nothing I would like better than to do just as you said, take my son hug him and tell him how much that I love him and tell him I will always be there for him. The only problem is that he has shut me out of his life, and I don’t know how to break thru. For years I have longed to get close to him, to touch him, and hug him, but he won’t allow me to. He has unresolved issues that need to be dealt with, but he is choosing not to let go of them.

It began when he was seven years old, he felt betrayed when our family separated and then I began seeing the guy I was telling you about, the one that I became obsessed with. My son couldn’t handle it, he acted out so badly that he needed to be sent away to be evaluated; he was in and out of counseling for years but nothing really changed.

I have no other choice but to accept what has happened, and pray that one day my son will make the decision that he wants to change. I try not to dwell on the negative side anymore; sadly, I have gotten use to living this way. There were many years of suffering, crying, longing, and wishing to hold my son. I had to make a decision to let go, because it wasn’t changing anything and it only made me depressed.

I dwelt on the past long enough and I choose not to think about all the years that have been stolen from the both of us. It has forced me to become a stronger person. I still shed tears from time to time. It hurts when I see how good he is to his father, or when I see the love being shared between a mom and her son, but I refuse to let it get the best of me. I’ve gone through so much heartache and pain in my life that I won’t allow Satan to continue to torment me. I can not change the past or anyone else for that matter, I could only hope and pray for the best.

I was so happy when he was getting close to God. I had seen good changes taken place in his life and with me. I’m not going to give up, it was a let down but I will continue to believe that God will answer my prayers. I am going to keep hoping and believing that this setback will end soon, and when it happens God will get all the glory for a new day and a new beginning.

God bless you
  6. ixoye

ixoye New Member

You are so precious, especially in the sight of the Lord. The Lord hasn’t forgotten you, all of us have felt in some way the way that you have at one time or another. Keep holding on to His promises. I wish you the best, and I hope and pray a good Christian who is strong in their faith will come into your life soon to help you. The Internet is helpful but you need to meet with people in your area.

Remember the Lord loves you and He wants the best for you. Take a step in faith and press on to meet people, either through church or work. Keep in mind no one is perfect, so try and overlook their shortcomings.

Love & prayers

ixoye