Time Change???

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by mrdad, Nov 1, 2008.

1. mrdad

mrdad New Member

I can never remember, is it "Spring Ahead, Fall Back" or is it "Fall back, Spring ahead" ??

"Inquiring Mime's want to know"! (Don't want to stay awake to change the clock any longer
    than I must!!) Ya know what I'm sayin?

P.S. "Or is it "Spring---- I'm so confused, I think! [This Message was Edited on 11/01/2008]
  2. RobynS

RobynS New Member

So make sure u set your clocks BACK one hour tonight!! And enjoy the extra sleep!!
  3. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Good ta see ya again. How ya doin'?

Yes, Robyn is right. In the SPRING we set the clock AHEAD.

Except every 4 years we LEAP ahead.

One guy said he set everything in the house ahead last spring. Now when there is a power failure, his clock flashes 1:00.

I remember when I was a kid in a farming community. The farmers did not like DST. After all, nature runs on nature's clock.

DST has shown up in history over the years. During the 1973 oil crisis Congress dealt w/ the matter by extending DST. Apparently the theory was that you get better mileage during daylight hours.

And about ten years ago in the Mideast some terrorist blew themselves up. Somehow the bombs were set to go off on DST, but the terrorists were opposed to anything the government did so did not recognize same.

4. jole

jole Member

on one of them...or is it both? You really had me thinking for a bit there! Yes, confusion seems to be catching. It's always been my hubby's job to reset the clocks 'cause we both know I'd just mess them up and I would definitely be "off" for real.

Been missing you on the chit chat board! Good to see you and your humor again! Hope you're doing well! ***Jole***
  5. mrdad

mrdad New Member

Interesting to note that my Old Mac 'Puter already knew to do that last weekend! The daylight
    saving extension, as you remember, was by an act of Congress some years ago. It extended
    the time on both ends, Spring and Fall. So my 'puter has been pre-adjusted for a week
    now! It was an attempt to save energy. But I found that I could go faster in the added daylite
    hours on the freeway. So, I probably used more gas than ifin' I'd been driving more slowly in
    the dark! ("The Best Lain Plans of Mice" and Government)!!

Hope all are doing well. Gordon and His Mama Too!

6. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

Hi Mrdad,

I see you already got your answer. You were right the second time. Last night I changed some of the clocks back an hour but have to do the microwave and all the other stuff. However, I just wanted to say hi to you and hope you are feeling OK or shoud I say better. We miss you on the Porch.

Come back when you can.

Huggles back to you,

[This Message was Edited on 11/02/2008]
  7. fibromickster

fibromickster New Member

Huggles to you too Mr Dad, how are you???? We miss you terribly over at the porch but I understand that you have been low energy lately.

By the way, I forgot too about the clocks and was up and ready for church yesterday and was wondering why everyone else was still in bed. Went to wake the gang up and yes, that was when I was informed. Shoot, I missed out on an extra hour sleep. That is what I get for being a blonde. Hahaha

Love ya