Time to turn on Porchlight volume #623 !!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Granniluvsu, Jun 25, 2013.

1. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Member

Wow, I can't believe that it is time for another Porch volume to open up. That surely went fast.

Don't forget to check out the old volume with Diane and Julie !! Sorry , not choc chip cookies, too tired. Maybe Julie has some left over Pan cakes from the twins 1st birthday breakfast.

Gotta go back and tell everyone to post her. Forgot already ):!!

Love to everyone,
    Granni :)!!
  2. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Member

Just BUMPING this Porch up so people will know to post here and not on the one that says NEW PORCH but it is really the OLD PORCH !!!!!

I wish I could change the title of the one that says NEW Porch cause now it is the OLD PORCH !!!! Now there are about 37 or so on the new OLD one. Hope I am not confusing you all.

PLEASE POST ON VOLUME NUMBER623 !! This one !!

Hope your dad is doing better JULIE !!!

Love,
    Granni
  3. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Member

Julie - Thanks for letting us know about your dad and how he is coming along. It seems like he is on the right meds at least for the URI. Hopefully he will be even more responsive tomorrow and I am glad he wanted his ice cream :)!! I knew that my mom was in a bad way when she didn't want her ice cream. She loved her desserts.

Glad you don't have to worry about Keira at least and that David will be with Lindsey for at least during the day. It was good he wanted to go outside, at least for a short while in the wheel chair. You need to rest now and try and recharge your batteries, as you said before for tomorrow and whatever is to come. Glad the facility is so good and the staff. It can make a lot of difference for the patient and the family.

Will try and check in some tomorrow, at least in the morning. I have a luncheon /meeting to go to tomorrow late morning, early afternoon. Have a good rest and more prayers are on the way.

Love to you, your Dear Dad, and the family,
    Granni
  4. springwater

springwater Member

Hello All and to the new Porch no. #623!!!

Granni - thanks for doing the honours. Its not confusing, at least not to the
    old timers like ourselves.

Hope you enjoy your luncheon.

Julie - sorry to hear your father is having some health hiccups, but it seems
    its under control somewhat. you have a good place there. what a relief to
    know theyre alert and act promptly.

yesterday was stay at home day. i cant quite remember what i did. lol..,,
    oh yes. my two brothers came for lunch. i had called them. big brother just
    finished with another chemo session.

i made vegetable dumplings with potatoe, cabbage, and beans in them, and
    a separate batch of chicken ones for younger brother who eats meat.
    also mushroom soup and potato boiled curry. thank goodness i had my help.

its been raining in torrents, when it does. tho the sun does peek out now and then.
    my garden hasnt picked up much. the dahlias are looking bedraggled as do
    the other flowers i had bought. we still hv another month and half of monsoons
    to go so lets see how they do.

two of my daughters friends came back from the university for summer break.
    theyre going to be seniors come the next semester. they are going to this remote
    area of the country on a grant by an aid organisation to film and take notes on
    the condition of a backward class of people. backward as in they are considered
    low caste. yes its horrible. it still exists. in india they would be called untouchables.
    they have to stay separately, cannot eat from the same utensils as so called
    upper classes or enter the homes of upper classes.

i think with education the practise is not so much here in the city but in the villages,
    it is still observed. daughters friend had come to drop off some things daughter sent
    me and we had a nice chat. she was stocking up on medicines, and insect repellant
    and stuff. i told her to take a lot of books...no tv there, im guessing. at least not
    in the field work.

well, its morning. today i was able to get up very very early and do some self healing.
    practised with the laser extractor and some paraphernalia they had given us in crystal
    healing class. my stomach is settled. no discomfort as such except for a bit of distended
    feeling. i guess slowly does it. its such a joy not to feel nauseous and anxious. also worked
    on my sore shoulder. boy, that has some stiffness brought on by years and years and years
    of holding tension and stress in it.

well, all take care

God Bless
  5. springwater

springwater Member

Okay so i managed to go back n read the previous porch...

Diane - sorry to hear of your stomach bug. i really dislike being bothered by tummy
    issues. been kind of dealing with some such myself. For me tackling my emotions
    and releasing stress has been helpful.

Julie - you are such a 'heart' person. You care about so many people. I know you
    still miss your mum. It comes out in the way you speak about her. Dont worry
    about your father. He seems to be in a good caring center. Sending out prayers
    for his quick and complete recovery. Dont worry as such, but just send out lots
    of good healing thoughts and energy to him, and then let God and the angels
    handle the rest. Heaven knows, so many people depend on you for nurturing.
    you cant afford to get down.

God Bless
  6. rockgor

rockgor Active Member

Hi Kids

Am still wrestling with my displaced back. Sometimes it's not so bad, and other times
    it's horrid. Just like the little girl who had a little curl; right in the middle of her forehead.
    When she was good, she was very, very good. But when she was bad she was horrid.

Used to hear that when I was pretty little myself. Never knew till I looked it up now that
    it was written by one of our greatest poets.

Found a site with best new jokes and quotes. Many of them I didn't understand. I guess
    they were about celebs and TV shows I never heard of. A lotta them just didn't seem
    funny. Maybe it's because my sense of humor is being short circuited by my sensations of pain.

“I will not talk to someone who has less than 10 toes. I am LACK TOES INTOLERANT.”

That was the best one unless I am toe-tally mistaken.

See ya all tomorrow,
    Rock
  7. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Member

Hi Rock, Spring Water, Julie and all,

Have a little time before I go off to my luncheon and meeting. DH already is gone, I had to drop him off to his meeting.

I know what you mean about some things that are supposed to be funny that you do not find so. Yes, maybe it is the constant pain and also perhaps our age. Some of the things that they younger set finds so funny I do not find funny at all, either. Maybe it was the way we were brought up and what we all have gone through in life. Personally, I don't go for the late night show hosts. I guess the best is Jay Leno who will be leaving soon I guess. Although I much prefer Johnny Carson. Do I go back a ways or what:)?? Some of the stuff they consider funny to me is so sad. Also when I see how they talk to the man or woman on the street, I cannot believe the ignorance and what little they know about a our country. I had better get off my soap box and quit now or I might get thrown off this board :)!! I have to watch some of it as DH likes some of it.

I love that quote about being Lack Toes Intolerant !!!! Keep them coming. We need all the real jokes coming we can get.

Julie - I hope your Dad is a little better today. It may take a bit of time, so be patient. Don't wear yourself out today and this week. I know you best b day present will be your Dad's recovery !!!! Keep us posted, please.

Spring Water and Diane - I hope your tummys settle down. I know that is not fun. I had IBS for some time years ago and that was not good. I had to carry meds with me everywhere (OTC) just in case. I still have a lot of gas but I eat Gasex when needed :)!! It is hard when you are out and about and need a bathroom. Now I just need to go the other way :)!! he he

Nothing exciting that I can tell you all. Possibly, it looks like the extra Cinnamon caps.and Mag. may be helping my b/p. However, it also might be the new dosage of Armour kicking in too. Not sure, maybe all together. My diastolic (lower number really seems to be much better ) . My heads still feels yucky but the b/p is fairly good - unless I go to the doc again . I'm sure then it will shoot up again. Good grief, I'm am not afraid of anything in the dr.'s office, just the b/p cuff. That is also really not fear just my stupid body's reaction to seeing it. Will try and check back later on.

Love to awl,
    Granni
  8. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Member

Dear Porchies,

Poor Julie had to take Lindsey to the ER for dehydration this morning I think it was. So keep up the prayers for Lindsey, Julie , her Dad and family. I found that out from FB.

Just wanted to let you all know in case she doesn't get back to us for awhile. She has so much on her plate these days.

Love,
    Granni
  9. springwater

springwater Member

Granni- that's too bad.Lindsey getting sick and having to go to emergency.
    I wonder what it is. A bug? I hate all these stomach issues.

And she already had enough to do!

Rock - lack toes Intolerant! Lol. I still remember your dream about yr
    Big toe. A palm frond was growing out of it.

Hope Lindsey gets well soon.

God Bless
  10. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Member

Off to the dentist. Worst part is I am going with DH first for his earlier appt. and then me. So had to get up real early and rush around. I know they'll take my b/p and I will scare them to death. It always happens :)!! All they are doing is cleaning but the sitting for an hour or more for my appt. won't help ):!!!

Julie - Hope your Dad and Lindsay are doing better.

Hi to Rock and Spring Water and anyone else lurking about.

Thinking about everyone. More later on !

Love,
    Granni
  11. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Member

Julie - Thanks so much for taking the time to post to us. Please try and rest so you can stay well. So much happening with your family now and most not good. Sounds like everyone should be worn out at your house. Hope you get a little nap in. More prayers coming !

Everyone else- hope you are ALL doing well. I'll pop in later. I keep taking my b/p and is good when I do nothing :)! The doc said not to take it often as then I would get all frustrated if bad but want to try and figure out if the way my head and neck feels is related or not to the b/p. It does not seems to be at least most of the time. I am going to try and get the doc to schedule an MRI but they are so expensive. I contacted the docs office to see if they could tell me what Medicare would pay for and then we have a secondary one from DH's work. I figure if I don't get it this year it might not happen.

Luv,
    Granni:)
  12. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Member

A very quick good morning to awl !!

DH is out but will be back soon and we will be gone to work out a little and then to the grocery store. Not sure if we will get to working in the yard again as it gets to hot to fast lately.

Julie - Guess your Dad is coming along or not getting worse. Hope Lindsey is feeling better too. You all just need to REST.

Hi to Mikie, Spring Water, Rock, Elaine, JOan and anyone else in the area. We will you awl when you don't pop in for a bit. Of course Mikie is busy making the rounds :)!!!

Drop in anyone when you get the chance to . Looking for any old or newer Porchies..

Love to everydobby,
    Granni
  13. springwater

springwater Member

Hello all

Julie - good to hear your dad is stable and Lindsey got to go to the chiro.
    Hope everything settles down real soon.

Granni. - its hot here too. Hot and humid except when it's raining.

Rock - I remember reading about the girl with the curl in the
    middle of the forehead...nursery thymes. Along with Rub a dub
    Dub, three men in a tub....ah, those long gone days...

Today I went to the centre, did meditation and also listened
    to a talk.

Hardly spent time at home.

Got to catch up on housework tomorrow.

God bless
  14. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Member

Spring Water - Oh yes, all those memories long gone. Rub a dub dub three men in a tub. They were almost like yesterday, also, there was a little girl rhyme Rock mentioned. It sounds like you had a busy day today and weren't even at home MUCH :)!!! Please send us some RAIN if you have to much . Wish you could !!!

We just went to work out a bit and forgot our ear phones plus the tread mills were crowded. So we didn't stay as long as usual. I was also sweating more than usual too. It is supposed to be 98 or 99 later in the day. The humidity is high so it felt even hotter than it was. I was glad to get home and into the a/c.

Julie - Glad that things seems to be slowing down a bit for you with Lindsay and hopefully your dad is on the mend. Sometimes in older people, especially if they have health challenges to begin with take a much longer time to heal. It is good he is in the nice facility with caring people around him and you can check in on his progress daily if you are not there yourself. Pop in when you can. I guess you will be busy this weekend, as per usual !!! We won't be doing much other than possibly doing some yard work early in the day if we can before it gets to hot. Just curious what your temperatures are there where you live??

Hope some more Porchies , old or new pop in. It will be a weekend like most, nothing exciting going on and next holiday weekend it probably will be the same. On the 4th some friends may be coming over. for part of the day but that is it. I'm sure most of our family will have other plans and who likes to drive a distance after partying and drinking wine, etc. DH has gotten so he hates to drive anywhere in bad traffic even to see the kids.

Next year hopefully our daughter #2 and her hubby plan to move back to TX. He has been socking away his money for years so he could do this. he gets paid a good buck but they hardly ever spend it or go anywhere. Hopefully, they will move close by so we can at least see them on holidays. #1 daughter and husband are movers and shakers as they say and always doing something.

Gotta run for now. Everyone please try and stay cool and if you don't pop in today have a nice restful weekend.

Love to all,
    Granni
  15. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Member

Wow JULIE, David is a good sport and apparently good with children. Does he have any sisters or brothers? That surely would have been helpful in getting ready for his own bunch of kiddos. Some med wouldn't have attempted that. Not sure mine would have, at least until they got much bigger.

Sorry to hear via FB that Lindsey is still not feeling very well and Keira and sick and Dad is about the same I guess.
    Hope everyone starts doing better soon. I am sure you are busy as every this Saturday morning.

Nothing to exciting here. It is getting HOT again. Luckily we will be going out to eat with two other couples tonight in a nice quiet place or we will see if it is or not. It is very small place, sort of intimate but casual. The food and all is supposedly very good from reviews.

Hugz go out to everyone, this HOT Saturday afternoon.

Luv to awl,
    Granni
  16. springwater

springwater Member

hello all

Granni - i heard exercise is very good for high bp. tho not the overly
    strenuous ones

my dh tries to go for his workout and steam bath whenever he can

Julie - sorry to hear via Granni Lindsey was still feeling ill and keira.
    Do try to take little breaks inbetween caring for them, and look after
    you. Praying along with prayers for other dear ones, for your family.
    Good to hear David took all the little ones with him and gave you and
    lindsey a break. Men with kids are very attractive, lol! At least thats what
    an ad for some product said on the tv....

I had a quiet day. yesterday. Stayed home. i got the urge to go out
    when it got too quiet but the rains stopped me and i also didnt want
    to spend money. I did do healing on myself, went upto the terrace
    so the room wouldnt get contaminated.

My gastritis issues improved so much after the healing by two friends
    but i am not completely where i want to be yet, mood and physical wise.
    I know this is because of family stuff. Big brothers condition is of course
    a worry but the other two brothers also coming up with their issues.

And i guess i need to trust the process of life more. Not always fear
    bad stuff happening. I really need to be able to build up my mind
    so i can deal with disturbances without lettng it take toll on me
    physically.

Really need to work on positive thinking practises.

The instructor who has come to teach basic healing classes for two
    days from India scanned my aura and told me i need to work on
    forgiveness especially my mum. Which is kind of surprsing but also
    not in some ways.

Today i did a meditation on theta healing i got from Vianna Stibal
    when the hay House Alternative healers publishers were offering it
    free. I had jotted it down. It kind of makes you go down into the
    place where you first was created and were free from disease and
    troubles, and makes you 'merge' with the 'God consciousness'.
    And let it heal you.

Im sorry if this doesnt make sense to some of you. But here we dont
    have therapists or groups where you go and discuss your problems and
    the psychiatrists just give yu meds. so i tend to go to a lot of alternative
    healing sites and try the methods out.

I must say i always feel good after doing this one and my complexion
    really glows so , lol.

well, lots to do as usual.

Housework that is, sigh.

God Bless
  17. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Member

Julie - Was it yesterday that Den brought you out to dinner for your birthday? I am getting confused with so few posts and it said yesterday in tiny little letters on the bottom of your post. Boy have you been busy. Glad Keira is doing better and was able to get out. Sounds like another busy day today and I guess you will go see your dad. I hope he is doing better.

That is cute about David being the baby and his loving little ones. My DH is an only child. All things considered he was pretty good for that time. Seeing as I had 4 girls and then one boy at the end I did most of the taking care of, baths, etc. However, as they grew he was good with getting involved in sports with our son and softball for two of the girls. Did lots of sitting in bleachers ( both of us). He also did a lot of coaching and umpiring for the girls and even got to umpire some state games.

Spring Water - what a nice long post. Yes, we know we should get out and exercise some but with my FM, CMFS and OA, etc. I don't really feel like doing much but I do the treadmill and a few other weight machines. You surely have been busy with your Healing seminars or whatever you call it. Maybe you could help us all get well :)!!! LOL I know that it would be wonderful but is most likely impossible. Nice if you would like to try though.

Just got back from early church and then to eat breakfast with the K of C men and families who came to the corporate communion this morning. I am so full but will make dinner tonight- no lunch !!!

Hugs to everyone and hope to see some more Porchie OLD and NEWBIES to share with.

Bye for now. Missing also our MIA's. Elaine, Joan, and so many more to mention. :)

Love,
    Granni
  18. springwater

springwater Member

Granni - lol! nothing i would like better than to make everyone get well.

I honestly mean to try. Tho i will proceed cautiously. With brother requiring
    watching over, i must be on my toes to see i dont get ill myself lol! Im happy
    to report my gastritis issues have improved 99%. What a relief. It was making
    me soooo anxious and getting me down.

The four healings i got from my two sweet friends at the centre, seem to
    have done the trick. for now at least.

Julie - sending good thoughts to you. I know you are still out there,
    trying to take care of everyone. Have said prayers for your dear dad
    and for dear Lindsey. Yes, pls do ask her also to visit with a allopathic
    doc if the results from the homeopath do not show soon. I was thinking
    of going to a allopath myself just to get some tests done and set my mind
    at rest. tho right now, since the symptoms have died down i am not feeling
    the urgency of it. but i intend to visit anyway. i did get tests done ultrasound,
    blood tests the works last year all of which came back clear thankfully.

Rock - how is the back. LA must be abloom in this season with all those
    tropical flowers.

Gail - it was sweet of you to post a prayer for Julies folks. Thinking of you,
    and your dear son.

well. have a kind of busy day ahead of me today and tomorrow. need to get
    cleaning done. well, extra cleaning. all sticky cobwebs and stuff in the kitchen
    where grease does not flow out the chimney properly coz of mynah birds nest
    blocking and we cant use the fan there incase the chicks asphyxiate to death.

God Bless
  19. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Member

Good afternoon everyone,

Sounds like everyone is going to be busy today, cleaning and /or taking care of little ones.

Julie - Hope you get to bed earlier than you have been. Glad to hear that your dad is doing better. Sorry that Lindsay is still not doing to well. She has so much responsibility and not feeling well puts so much more on David and you. I have had 3 or 4 children two years apart but getting those twins fed has got to be a chore. They should be on a lot of table food by now but don't know what Isaih and Liora are eating now. The docs have changed the rules so much since mine were little. Is Lindsey still nursing? Still nursing two babies might be taking a lot out of her if she is still doing so. I know the antibodies are good for the babies. You said she is so thin and has digestive issues.

Sorry to hear about David and his tic bites. Hope they do not effect him any. Glad he is going to get the blood work and all checked out.

Spring Water - Sounds like you were going to do a bunch of cleaning today. Don't wear yourself out but hope you get done what you wanted to. I know the feeling of pooping out before your done :)!!!

Gail - So nice to hear from you on that other post about Julie's dad, I think. I guess you found us. Hope you will post one the Porch and or Lounge when you can to let us know how you are doing.

Joan - Hope you find your way back to us again. Miss seeing you when you don't stop by often.

Elaine - I know you are trying to get better but glad that you have found your way here and will pop in when you can.

Anyone is welcome here to vent or just chat.

Love to everydobby, :)
    Granni
  20. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Member

Hi everyone,

Wow , so much happening your family JULIE. Hope things settle down real soon for you. Let us know when Red Mittens has her babies. I know they are great on the farm to eat or chase the mice and bugs and stuff (the cats). However, they (the babies) won't be eating them for quite some time. .

That is terrible about the little Amish boy. I hope he will be OK but sounds like a terrible hit from a speeding car. Some people have no sense whatsoever. Nothing new today but will be running to the store in a bit. Just finished so much needed weeding - ugh before it got to hot. It will be cooler today ( than 100 and hi 90's. Hope all of your weather is pleasant with no big storms.

Have to run for now but will try and check back later on.

Love to awl,
    Granni