Time to turn on Porchlight volume #623 !!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Granniluvsu, Jun 25, 2013.

1. springwater

springwater Member

hello all

boy! am i relieved. I had two pranic healer friends over for lunch and had been stressing.
    the house needed so much cleaning. and since it was mostly vegetarian i had been
    stressing over the menu too.

but my big brother was over yesterday and helped me clean. he loves polishing glass,lol.
    and i asked my help too. i made three different types of dumplings, potato, vegetable and
    mushroom, one tomato chilli pickle, a cauliflower batter snack and baked potato. and
    mushroom soup out of a packet. also a chocolate pudding from a packet. oh and a fish
    fry too.hmmm no wonder i was stressed.

but it went well. and i know they enjoyed.

Julie- hope Davids bites can be treated properly. And keira also gets well soon.
    Boy, your SIL certainly is having a lot of boyfriends over! Its so sad about
    the Amish boy. My goodness.

Granni - its tough to keep up with cutting our grass what with all the rains.
    the dahlias i bought arent doing too well. but at least its nice and green everywhere.

I better turn in...tired.

God Bless

Granni -
  2. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Member

Hi Spring Water - Glad to see you today. Nothing much going on here. It is pretty warm but started very early to do some work in our yard. DH was all anxious to start it as we have been rather putting off so much work that is needed out doors. Now that it is hot we have to get at it VERY early in the day. Then DH cut through one of the electric lines when he was using the electrical saw to cut some of the very thick branches. Great, well, we had to go out anyway but wasn't originally going to go there. Needed to pick up a few snacks for our game on 4th of July. Just a few dips to add to our chips.

We have no grass to cut just tries and buses and weed to pull out. There is a lot of that):!! I really can do without it. Great for the aches and pains and my back but I guess I will survive and it is better an sitting around doing nothing. Then I probably would be very stiff and or stiffer than I usually am. Could use some f your rain Spring. Getting so dry again. That terrible brush wild fire that took 18 or 18 of those very special fire fighters the other day in Arizona was just horrible.

Hope to see some more Porchies soon later on.

Joan, Elaine, Gail where are you :)????? I know where Julie is - working and watching the kiddos for Lindsay. Hope Linds feels better really soon.

Diane - I know you can pop in here too. Hope you are feeling better and the storms have dissepated (sp) some in your area. You have also been so busy helping us with those games. Thank you for that. They are fun to try and solve.

Mikie - Hope you are doing OK too. Our 4th celebration will be VERY quiet one. Anyone having a party :)!! Maybe we all should go there :)!!

Love to everyone ,
    Granni
  3. springwater

springwater Member

Julie - didn't know it was your birthday. Happy belated birthday. Just reread all the posts and saw Granni mentioning.

God bless
  4. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Member

Good Morning awl,

Don't know if you all are getting the same pages on here that I am. I almost got LOST this morning trying to find the Porch. Every few days there seems to be another page at the beginning of the PH site. Hope Joan or anyone else doesn't get lost.:)

Spring Water - I don't think it was /is JULIE'S birthday. It was not to long ago though and they just had their anniversary. Not to much happening today really other than I am going out to lunch with 2 friends of mine. It will nice to get out and do something different . Plus I have never gone there. These two ladies have eaten thee before but I never have. Some people also go out to eat more than I do, at least after church every Sunday :)!!!

I should get out for awhile this a.m. and weed before it gets to HOT ! However, not sure if I will make it. It is already almost 9 a.m. I am not even dresses yet either. DH has a meeting this morning and maybe lunch,. Not sure how many will be at the meeting and if they have other things planned or not afterwards.

Will come back and check later to see if anyone else has posted. I know closer to the holiday people may be busy or getting ready for company or going somewhere.

Love to everydobby,
    Granni
  5. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Member

Hey Springwater, you posted and so did I on the OLD THREAD PORCH. I do not know how to put it on the new one so need to try and warn people.

I didn't pay any attention when your post came over this morning. LOOK for PORCH THREAD # 624 NOT 623.

Love ya,
    Granni:)