time to use me.cfids drop cfs altogether

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by simpsons, Jun 29, 2010.

1. simpsons

simpsons Member

we realised that the wessley brigade had changed me to cfs to move away from the who icd listing and move us into mental health

so we grouped the two together as a company taking over another would combine the two names now the hated cfs should i think be dropped replaced with cfids

people associate cfs chronic fatigue syd as being tired all the time and if you say chronic fatigue immune disorder syndrome it give the knowledge that it is an immune disorder and no longer just tired

if we just all start using this abb then it will spread

maybe just maybe in time we can just say xmrv but there will prob be still subgroups who have chemical cause who will still perhaps be in cfids group

what do you think is this t he time

at least the title shows you re tired because you are ill nad immune disfunction

can.t gt on board often but will check back to see what everyone thinks

perhaps you could discuss it also where ever else you may visit also spread the question see wht people think

2. u&iraok

u&iraok New Member

I like that idea to add the ME in the beginning, too. It references the brain and sounds more serious. Also, maybe we won't get the response from people: "I'm tired, too" "Everyone's tired" when we just say CFS like we do now. Oooo, I hate that.
  3. farrellkitty

farrellkitty New Member

Dear fellow sufferer, i to get so tired of feeling compelled to describe my illness to people as well as tell them that awful name! it makes us sound so very whiny! it's bad enough no one believes you're physically ill.
  4. gapsych

gapsych New Member

or possibly whenever, please, please, please, take out the word fatigue.

Everyone gets fatigue. Fatigue resolves with rest.

gap