Time turn on Porchlight # 650 !!!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Granniluvsu, Oct 5, 2013.

1. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Rock, Land sakes; I can't remember the name of the guy who invented the Polaroid camera. I can't imagine anyone's getting upset about one of your puns or jokes. I look forward to your posts every day. A day without your wit is an empty day. When Quantum Mechanics came into vogue, Einstein was upset. He was a Newtonian physicist and believed in absolutes, like the speed of light. The debate continues on whether anything can be faster than the speed of light. Quantum physics is very hard to wrap one's mind around. I keep trying because I think it is connected to spirituality. At least, it opens a very small peep hole into God's mind.

Julie, thanks for the kind and supportive, understanding words. Yes, "pushing through" can put us in bed for a week. My symptoms may be gone since I got the injections but I'm still very vulnerable to extreme fatigue from anything else which comes along. I considered cleaning out the litter box pushing through. At least, it wasn't a waste of time :) My ex and I put a good sized addition on our house and we did most of the work. I feel for what you guys are going through. It is very satisfying. You guys can be proud of yourselves. Mums always make me think of high school. At our Homecoming Dance, our corsages were gold mums. Our colors were gold and purple. We were the Panthers.

Sunflower Girl, praying for your neck pain to go away. I'm so sorry. When I was little, almost everyone used the old wringer type machines. I remember what an ordeal it was. My Mom was one of the first to get an electric washer and dryer. She worked and didn't have the time to devote the day to laundry. In the wintertime when it was really cold, Mom would put my undies and jammies into the dryer just long enough to warm them up for me. Hmmmm, down here in the jungle, perhaps I should put my undies in the fridge :)

Fever was down a bit more today. Oh, could it be that it's going to drop to normal? From my keypad to God's ear. Kitties slept til 5:00 this morning. Only problem may come when the Daylight Time ends. It'll be 4:00. I saw Sylvester sleeping on the highest shelf of the kitty condo. I never thought he would be so daring. He has a lame front paw and it can be hard for him to maneuver. Vet said he has some webbed toes and claws missing on several of them. He often holds the paw up. On the other hand, I've seen him climb a tree. Yesterday, he snuggled up to me on the sofa. Progress!

My love, hugs and prayers to everyone.

Love, Mikie
  2. rockgor

rockgor Active Member

Hi Kids

Slept for a couple couple hours. Might be raining. When I gave Zipper his snack a few
    hours ago there was a very light rain. Checked the weather report on the computer. It
    said some rain tomorrow. Oh well.

Thank you for your kind words, Julie. Sound like you and Den reversed positions just like
    the N. and S. Poles. I am afrerd of those nail guns. Had several claims over the years. One
    guy shot himself in the hand. All the rest got wounded in the thigh-knee area. Maybe the
    manufacturers should put out the equivalent of a steel toed boot. The armour padded
    work pants.

I guess I'll have to, No, maybe I won't. I'm having trouble typing here. The bulb burned
    out in the desk lamp, and we haven't a curly cue replacement. Gordon bought one just
    last week. I was gonna say as he went out the door, get a couple extras. Then I thought,
    oh, no need to tell him that. Shows what I know.

Well, anyhoo I replaced the bulb with an old fashioned incandescent bulb. Once the latest marvel
    of the ages, and now outta date. You know why cartoon figures have a light bulb overhead
    to symbolize a thought? I thought it was because they had a bright idea. James Burke said
    the bulb symbolized illumination. Same thing I guess.

And do you know why light bulb output is measured in Watts? It's because Thomas Alva
    Edison's first message over the light bulb was, "Watson, quit foolin' around and get over here." Watson was always quick to accommodate and light footed it over to the boss poste haste.

So, it's not raining, and I'd better go take care of our K9 friend.

Rock
  3. rockgor

rockgor Active Member

Okee Dokee

Fed Zipper and put him outside and had a bowl of singed cauliflower for myself. Gordon
    was cooking too many things at the same time and kinda forgot about the stuff in the
    steamer. I think I'll throw the rest away when he's not home.

Mikie, we were posting at the same time. You know what they say about great minds. Probably true of small minds too Land O Goshen, that was a good one. What was his first name? Edwin? So you and your ex constructed an addition. An X addition looks like multiplication was involved. I'm glad to hear Sylvester feels up to snuggling. Zippy is not really a demonstrative dog.

I wonder if Granni and DH are en route. I looked up the mileage from Waco to Hot Springs.
    Wrote it down somewhere too. Oh well. I do remember the estimated driving time was 6-7 hours.

Sunflower, I liked your pun. You weren't cut out for making a dress. Remember when Lucy
    made a dress? Cut it out on the carpet. Cut the carpet too. I remember when the gals in
    High School took Home Eck. Short for Home Economics. They learned how to cook and sew. Every Spring they put on a Fashion Show. The whole town came. (The town came to everything at the school. Everyone was a relative or a neighbor.) I still remember one line of patter from the gal who was the announcer. "Sandy Daniels wears a cool sun dress suitable for patio wear. (We didn't have a patio in the entire village. Not even sure we knew what one was.) Notice the rick rack trim around the collar."

Dar, glad you found your dresser. I guess I can throw away that milk carton now. The one
    that says :Have you seen this dresser? Missing for past year.

Ever see the play/movie "The Dresser"? It was written by a guy who actually was a dresser
    for a British stage actor. The lead actor in the film was a favorite of mine, but for some
    reason I never can remember his name. He was in "Dr. Zhivago" too. Tom something.
    OH! Maybe I just thought of it. Tom Courtney. Can't check because I already have two
    windows open.

Windy, did you have to travel with oxygen in case of an emergency or because you needed to
    use it everyday? My neighbor was hooked up to an oxygen tank for about 3 years. Had that
    pulmonary cardiac condition. Still kept right on smoking though. He assured us there
    was no danger of blowing up. Is your condition unchanged?

SG, How is the bridal costume coming? Do you need a pattern? How old is your granddaughter? My younger brother and I won 3rd prize in a parade 60 some years ago. I was a bride (with lots of pillows) and he was the groom and about half my size. Our parades were like school events. The entire town was either in the parade or watching it.

Rock
  4. sunflowergirl

sunflowergirl Active Member

Julie: all that work you do amazes me!!!! Yep, don't go lifting things like that. Down the road you will regret having to be "super woman" because that's how I ruined my back. Are you saying Red Mittens was up 20' also? CATS!!!!! But then I have seen cats up on house roofs. Pleeeeeze be careful doing all that you do.

And happy BD to Keira and Den.

Mikie: I'm sorry your friend doesn't "get it". I think that's the bane of all that we go thru. Not feeling validation from those around us. We think we're used to it, but then someone says something to hurt us. Just know that WE understand everything you're suffering.

I finished the wedding dress. My granddaughter is 5 l/2 (that l/2 year is important) I bought her a little crown at a yard sale awhile back. I need to do some glueing repair on it and then attach a veil. She also said she wanted to carry a fan. Go figure. I bought this used dress at a thrift store awhile back. I wanted to remove all those bejeweled items for further use. Used a pattern to cut the top part, then took those gorgeous long sleeves and cut off the bottom part to use for her sleeves.

I always made my kids costumes, but back in the 70s there wasn't any Disney stuff to buy. Usually started a few weeks ahead of Halloween to come up with innovative ideas. One year my son in 5th grade was the creature from the black lagoon. I think I had just watched that movie on TV. He won first prize on it. And it used to be allowed for the kids to wear the costumes to school and then have a parade. No more though.

Thanks for the good wishes for my back and neck. I have pain all the time but lately it's really cranked up. Actually I think when I lifted a 5 gallon plant in a cart last week ........I knew I should have found someone to do it......that's what's done this # on me.

Attached Files:

5. rockgor

rockgor Active Member

Hi Julie

I went to Youtube and watched some videos of guys spraying foam insulation.
    Looks like fun. Of course if I tried it you'd get results reminiscent of the 3
    Stooges. What are you fixing for supper? Something foamy like cocoa with
    marshmallows; a souffle or mousse?

SG, your dress looks like a family heirloom! Well, I guess it will become one.
    I hope you will be able to post a pic of your granddaughter wearing it.

Rock
  6. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Member

Good evening my dear Porchies,

Not much time and am pooped to say the least but wanted to check in with you all. Got home this late afternoon. DH was driving on and off all day.

Mikie - could you check to see if by accident I pushed ignore to Spring Water's posts. I certainly didn't do such a thing knowingly. SW mentioned something about it not quite sure what she said something like she wasn't seeing my messages or something. Or do I have to check with someone else?

Spring Water - I hope you can see my messages I would never try to ignore you but have been missing you when I can't seeyour messages sometimes. I know you have been busy and pooped yourself.

Julie - I am exhausted listening to all you have been doing and trying to do. Glad you are feeling better from your crud though.

Our friends and us had a great time in Hot Springs, AR but it was only a few days and the Govt. shutdown closed down the main bathhouse that had all the history and stuff all about it in movies and such (Visitors Center). There were a few other thins we didn't get to see but did get the idea and I had the mineral water pumped into our bathroom. I took a few hot baths in their very long tubs. It was nice but I am afraid it did not really help my condition though.
    Hope those feeling ill like Sun and Dar are doing better.

Dar - Glad you found your dresser under all your stuff. I understand what you are saying, believe me. You work which is especially hard.

Hugz to everyone ! Will try and get back tomorrow. Have so much to catch up on and didn't do my exercises or much of them and the Denneroll got left in the car and it was to far to go get it so didn't do that at all either.

LOVE to AWL,
    Granni :)