Time Wasted??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by NutsInAlabama, Jun 5, 2003.

1. NutsInAlabama

NutsInAlabama New Member

All this time I thought I was crazy HA!! I am new to this forum today and I must say it is the most wonderful, informative site I have encountered to date. No, really. I have suffered from PTSD anxiety and depression for a long time and found out in the last 2 years I also have Osteoarthritis and Osteoporosis, to the extent I fractured my back in a 6 inch fall. Coming with this is the revelation by many doctors I am either just making up the pain (it should be gone by now). But, a visit to a rhuemetologist yesterday and lots of tests confirm I do have real pain and suffer and have for a long, long time FM and CMS as well as the OP and OA and maybe RA. He prescribed prednisone and deseril for now till the rest of the tests come back. The first 5 hr unbroken sleep I have had in many years. He also tells me it it the same as the Methedone that is in Darvocet that has afforded minimal relief at best. But the sleep was great. Does anyone know if it builds up in your system and offers greater relief over time?
  2. Dolls

Dolls New Member

research is your best answer , sometimes the meds are worse than the diease. this is great site for lokking up meds and side effects.
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Hi Alabama! Welcome to the board. I am from Louisiana, sort of neighbors.

Glad you are finding the board helpful, and its great to have you join us.

I do not take meds, I have FM, and a little arthritis in my fingers. I am allergic to most meds, so I am doing my own thing with supplements, vitamins,minerals, and herbs.

I do know what you mean about the sleep. I spent a lifetime waking up 10 or more times a night. Sometimes I would not get any sleep at all.

I take a supplement called; ZMA (zinc, magnesium, and vitamin B-6) that has turned my world around. I am now sleeping deeply 7-8 hours a night, and my pain is at the least 80% better than a year ago when I first started ZMA.

Also, a 'mattress heating pad' is a Godsend. It has a gentle heat that helps with the pain and the morning stiffness too. I keep the a/c down in the summer so I can keep the pad on its so great.

We have others here who can share with you concerning your new prescriptions. Lots of us take meds and supplements too.

Again, welcome to the board.................

Shalom, Shirl
  4. NutsInAlabama

NutsInAlabama New Member

Thank you so much for the welcome dolls ;) and shirl ;)
    I entered my first chat yesterday also and everyone was so... helpful and friendly.
    Thanks also to all I have "met" already or as well
  5. NutsInAlabama

NutsInAlabama New Member

Thank You so much for your add

Everyone is so concientious and caring here

love y'all
    Deb (NUTS)