Timing for taking Armour Thyroid when taking Klonopin and Flexeril?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Granniluvsu, Oct 5, 2013.

1. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

:) Does anyone know the proper time to take these drugs when taking Calcium also. I have osteoporosis and so also am taking Strontium Citrate (which I take in the middle of the night) and Ca 3x a day.

I have been taking the AT in the morning before breakfast but I also take Ca 3x a day. Not sure if I am waiting long enough ( 1-2 hours before the Calcium) after or druin g breakfast. Sometimes if I wake up again I have taken my Armour Thyroid but am never sure it is long enough to wait to take the Calcium.

Can I take it before bed if I am taking generic Klonopin (1/2 pill not a hi dose and) and gen. Flexeril 10 mg I think for sleep at bedtime.

Not sure how many hours it should be after taking the A.T to take the Calcium if in the morning. Taking Ca 3x a day is making it difficult to know or do what is right. If I could take it before bed with the other stuff, or an hour in between both the A T and bedtime stuff ( Klonopin and Flexeril) maybe that would help if I could take them about the same time in the evening or scattered along with my other evening supps . at night in stead of the morning.

Hope I haven't confused anyone and everyone :)!!! Any help would be appreciated. I have been taking the Armour in the early morning and the Ca. with of after breakfast but not sure the wait is long enough plus I don't always wake up the same time.

Love to awl,
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Hi, Granni,

All I know is that one should take thyroid on an empty stomach first thing in the morning by itself. Supposed to be more effective that way. Don't know about the timing of the other meds.

Love, Mikie
  3. Granniluvsu

Mikie - Thanks for that information even if that is the only thing I know about it :)!! That is why I was taking it early in the morning. However, not sure how much time there should be between it and the Cal. I need to take 3x a day. Best time would be before bed if I didn't have to take some generic Klonopin and Flexeril.

Not sure how they would act all together. That is why I haven't taken the Armour at night time. Not sure how they would all act together. When you take a bunch of meds and supps it is really tricky as to when to take each. What a pain, literally.

Thanks for taking the time to post. I hope you are feeling better now on the new abx.

Love you,
    Granni :)
  4. Granniluvsu

Jam - Thanks for the info and taking time to post even though I already knew that. The biggest problem is that I have to many things to take and I need to take Ca 3x a day. I have severe OP along with everything else, OA, FM, and problems with my discs (subluxations). I also take the Klonopin and Flexeril at night, not to heavy a dose though. If I didn't take that I could take the A.T. before bed but not so :)!

Thanks again, if you think of anything else let me know. Wish I knew the amount of time between the AT and the Ca. That is the main question I have and no one seems to know. I also know empty stomach and take before gettingup but don't want to wait to long before I take my first Ca dose.

Granni :) ,
  5. hangininthere

hangininthere Well-Known Member

I googled and it said 4 hours between Armour and calcium or iron.

And it said Armour can be taken same time as Flexeril and Klonopin. But that taking Armour at bedtime could disrupt your sleep, keep you awake.

But check with your pharmacist first to make sure.

Call your pharmacist - they're the experts on drug interactions.

6. hangininthere

Diane, when I googled it said calcium fortified orange juice is a no no within 4 hours of Armour.

I would assume that would include fortified cereals too, which can also contain iron, etc.

7. hangininthere

And I just remembered, you're not supposed to have soy with thyroid meds at all.

My best friend since 6th grade said her doc told her that.

Wow, glad you guys figured out about the food hub was taking with supplement not agreeing, and resolved it, great.

8. Granniluvsu

Thanks Patti, Diane , Jam, et al,

Thanks for taking the time to post. Bad time for me to be doing or thinking about this. Trying to get ready to go to Hot Springs for a few days with DH and another couple. Should be fun but have much to do. I think I have most things figured out it was just the A.T. I may take it before bed if I find out that that the Flexeril and Klonopin won't interfere with each other.

Hugz to you all,
  9. hangininthere

Have a wonderful trip, Granni!

My best friend and her daughter live in Texas, and love to stop for the day and overnight at the Hot Springs with their spouses every time on their way up north on a trip. Her daughter and her spouse were just there yesterday!

Praying you safe travels and lots of fun!

10. Granniluvsu

Thank you so much Patti for your sweet thoughts . It should be lots of fun. The weather is supposed to be pretty nice, I think. Unbelievable, it is actually cooler than it has been in a long while here in TX :)!! Where in TX does she live?

Be back tomorrow in between packing :)!!

Hugz to you and awl,
  11. hangininthere

Actually, I forgot at the moment I was writing that my friend just moved to Tennessee last fall, was trying to make a long story short. I still think of her as a Texan, haha.

She raised her five kids, one daughter and four sons, in the tiny little town of Dayton, when they moved to Texas in her mid-twenties. So we've been writing and now emailing ever since, I'm not a phone person.

One son lives near Houston. Daughter in Seabrook. One son in Dayton. And her other son moved up to TN with her from Dayton. She just moved to TN near where her other son and parents and sister have lived for decades.

She always without fail stops at the Hot Springs on trips between Texas and TN. Same with daughter. They go for the massage spa treatment, that's what they love love love.

The weather has been so crazy. I'm loving the warmer temps here this fall - in the 70's - which is nice and cooler for you, haha. Can't beat temps in the 70's, perfection.

12. Granniluvsu

Thanks for posting Patti. Yes, the weather has been crazy but am happy it has started to cool off some. However, for me, better warm than cold.

See you when I get back.