Timing of Pulsing of TF dose?!

Discussion in 'Transfer Factor' started by Plantscaper, Sep 4, 2004.

1. Plantscaper

Plantscaper New Member

Update on TF..I have been on it for about 5 months, and feel like it is more effective than most therapies I have utilized..more energy and stamina, a little more cognitive improvement. I think it is time, now, for me to start a pulsing schedule.

but a question..for Spacee and other long-term users:

Are you taking it every other day, taking it for five days, and maybe two days off? or What pulsing schedule do you use?

Hope all are doing well,
    Been away for a long time...(Mom passed away),
    Plant
    [This Message was Edited on 09/04/2004]
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

To hear about your Mother. It's been two years since I lost my Mom and it's still hard. You are in my prayers.

I do think pulsing is more effective for these kinds of treatments after an initial constant dose, but I have no idea how I will pulse when I get to that point. Hopefully, someone else here will know.

Love, Mikie
  3. Plantscaper

Plantscaper New Member

Yes, especially, since we were so close, it has been very difficult...as she was an ESTREMELY BRIGHT PRESENCE in this world..specifically for those who needed her MOST..THE MOST EMOTIONALLY INTELLIGENT, MOST WISE, AND MOST EMPATHETIC PERSON I EVER HAD THE PLEASURE TO KNOW. I found, out recently, that she had plans to be a missionary, if she had not married..and she lived her life, this way..She volunteered in almost every capacity, social work-wise..(had a Sociology degree)

Thanks for your concern,
    Plant
    [This Message was Edited on 09/05/2004]
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

She sounds like such a brilliant spirit.

I am actually not taking my TF's every day right now because it causes too much fatigue and swollen glands. I do feel better when I take it regularly in a kind of pulsed manner, but I haven't figured out what the ideal timing for pulsing is.

I quit taking it regularly when I had to clean up after Hurricane Charley and I needed my energy. I'm just now getting back into taking it and it's like I'm almost starting over again.

Perhaps we just have to experiment until we find what is right for us.

Love, Mikie
  5. spacee

spacee Member

Your tribute to your mother brought tears to my eyes. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

I am different than most other TF users. I was a longtime (17 years I think) Kutapressin user which kills EBV and one of the HHV6 viruses. So pulsing was not the way for me to go.

I would not be afraid to experiment with the TF's. I have tried three (TF4 Life, the one that only kills EBV, and Immune Transfer C). Immune Transfer C is the most like Kutapressin (which is no longer made) and was the TF that worked the best for me.

I had some herxing but it was rather mild. Then slowly but gradually improved for a year. Now if I don't feel so good it is usually because I need to exercise! But being around alot of noise will still throw me. My brain just doesn't work right yet. So I am hoping to try the MP protocol.

Hugs to you, Spacee
  6. Plantscaper

Plantscaper New Member

Thanks for your very nice reply...

I did not know that you were on Kutapressin for so long...was it's primary and main effect, supposedly, to retrain the immune system, like TF? If it is effective, why did they pull it off the market? Do you like TF as well?

I have been considering the MP, too, but they indicate that one cannot stay on TF, and do their protocol with safety/effectiveness..My brain is not well, either, although I have noticed a small increase in attentional ability.. I have been doing a lot more physical work, without bad repurcussions..which is excellent! Still not well, though.

Hope your days will continue to improve,
    Plant
    [This Message was Edited on 09/08/2004]
    [This Message was Edited on 09/08/2004]
  7. spacee

spacee Member

Kutapressin was discovered in the 1940's and used for imflammation like with acne. It came from pig liver. Some older docs in Texas decided to try it on CFS patients. At the time they had no idea that it had antiviral effects on the EBV and one of the HHV6 viruses.

There was a small subset of the CFS patients who benefited from it. But those who did REALLY liked it. It kept me from being practically housebound.

The supplier of the pig liver went out of businss in the recession after 9/11 and the Drug company halted production because of that. There have been numerous efforts to get the drug company to find another source but all have failed.

Immune Transfer C has slowly but surely improved me to the point that I can exercise about 7 hours a week on a good week. And I never have a "bed" day/s anymore. Although I probably would have one if pushed too far.

When I first heard of the MP and that you feel bad for a number of months. I just couldn't face it. After being sick for so long and feeling improved, I couldn't go back to feeling sick. But I have had enough really good months under my belt and we are starting our 2nd year of empty nesting and that is going well, Soooo I feel like I can hunker down in the basement and get through it. We have spent enough time down there with the hurricanes, it is beginning to feel normal to be there...lol.

Take care.... Spacee

PS. Kutapressin did not work like TF at all. It killed the viruses but not permanently. It was expensive too $150 a vial and the price was going up. I made a vial last a month but I could have used more.[This Message was Edited on 09/09/2004]
  8. Plantscaper

Plantscaper New Member

Thanks for the all the info on Kutapressin..I had heard of it, but had not known someone who had been on it, especially for so long...Would it be more like the prescription anti-virals?

When comparing your results with it versus the Transfer Factor, which do you think is the better therapy? or would they seem similar in effect?

Well, I hope all goes well on the MP..I am not ready to go to my basement, yet with it...with this new-found energy, I am trying to get some work done around this house, that was badly in need of repair..and I need to be cooking a lot more with my father, here..he doe not know how to boil water.

Also, I suffered a Complex Concussion, one month after my mother's death..and just started Hot Flashes..so I am
    "Exhausted with bad things happening"..and not ready for more suffering..

Hope you ride out the storm without any damage,
    Boy, you guys have had a natural storm barrage..

Take care,
    Plant

[This Message was Edited on 09/11/2004]
    [This Message was Edited on 09/11/2004]
  9. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Is that they only work while one takes them. With the TF's, the immune system is actually exposed to tiny amts. of the pathogens like a little oral vaccine. Eventually, this causes an immune reaction which makes one feel like one has the flu. Then, the immune system learns to recognize and kill the pathogens on its own.

TF's increase the natural killer cell count in the immune system which helps protect against other pathogens than just the ones we target with the TF's.

I am back on the TF's full time at one capsule of the TF C and TF 200 per day. I have been Herxing like crazy and am feeling so much better.

Love, Mikie

[ advertisement ]