Tingling and itchy swollen hands

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by nktigger99, Aug 12, 2003.

1. nktigger99

nktigger99 New Member

Hello!

I wanted to know if anyone has experienced this before. I woke up this morning and my hands felt swollen or I guess a better way to say it is puffy. Also the palms itch like crazy. The tops are kind of tingling.

I have been having problems with heat rash since we are going through a heat wave over her in Germany and there is NO a/c. Also been getting lots of bug bits which I am treating with HydroCortisone cream and benadryl for the itching. Also making myself wear long pants and a long sleeve shirt to bed...cuts down on the bug getting to me at night.

I am so clueless about what this could be. I am on the computer all day at work so my hands are important.

please if anyone has any ideas let me know. Also if you have any ideas for the bug bits.

Thanks for your time,
    Nichole
  2. brneyedgrl

brneyedgrl New Member

I think itchy palms is a sign of anaphylatic shock.Maybe your allergic to the bugs that are biting you.I know your feet start itching also when you are having a reaction to something you are allergic to.

brneyedgrl
  3. Danett

Danett New Member

I just had it this morning. Although, my hands don't actually swell, but they "feel" swollen. I've been doing this for the last year whenever I'm in a flare it seems.

BTW, I'm new here. I've been lurking for a couple of weeks. I've had a hard time coming to terms with this Fibro stuff. I've finally just accepted it since they can't find anything else wrong with me. I wanted it to be something that they could cure and make go away!

Reading the posts here has really cemented it for me. You all sound a lot like me!
  4. aching

aching New Member

I also get red, swollen, itchy hands. My eyelids swell quite a bit too. I don't think the heat and humidity helps either.I feel sorry for you with the heat wave you have been having.My mother-in-law lives in Germany and I know they are not equiped for such heat.You also don't have screens on your windows so alot of bugs get in when they're left open.I wish you all the best.
    Aching