Tingling feeling in fingers

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by deepak, Jun 24, 2012.

1. deepak

deepak Member

Anyone gets tingling, buzzing kind feeling in fingers sometimes ?

Its not numb as such as when i pinch it , it pains but its like tingly or electric kind feeling.

2. FaithHopeCure

FaithHopeCure New Member

I have had that feeling all over my body but mostly hands, feet, and mouth. I used to tell doctors that it feels as if someone stuck me in an electrical outlet. I suffered for a couple of years and then I finally went on lyrica for it. The sensations finally went away. I was on lyrica for 1 and a half years until I got so tired of the side effects of the medication. I used neurontin for a few months and then was able to off of that drug.

My doctor never gave me a straight answer as to what that sensation was and why I had it. He said that it was central nervous system issues and encouraged me to stay on the lyrica until that sensation stopped. He said that the lyrica would help heel that part of the brain that was causing those sensations.

I also stopped eating sugar and recently started eating a gluetin free diet. This has helped a lot. I still get the tingling feelings especaily after eating sugar. It could be nerve damage and adding more veggies and cutting out the sugar may help you before it gets as bad as I had it.

Take care!
  3. deepak

deepak Member

Thanks ....

I have never taken those medicines yet

did you test for lyme ?