Tingling/numbness in the face (both sides)

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kaiasmom, Apr 4, 2006.

1. kaiasmom

kaiasmom New Member

Has anyone had this? I have been today - for the first time. It is the wierdest thing. Any ideas what it could be?

Thanks,
    Leanne
  2. chloeuk

chloeuk New Member

I have had numbness that started on one side but I have had it all over face...you should get this checked out as an emergency if you have never had this before, I went to see dr about numbness and he sent me to emergency room...had ct scan etc, everything clear.

I am sure that it is nothing...in fact when I had this a long time ago and saw a neurologist he said it is a complication of migraine and you dont actually have to be having a migraine for the numbness to be there but it is better to be safe.

Take care
    Chloe
  3. starmom

starmom New Member

This should be checked out as a side effect of meds or another complication of migraines or another medical problem. My neuro told me years ago that tingling and numbness on the same side of the body as the migraine was called "neural involvement" and was common with severe/prolonged migraines. It can last for days after the migraine, though mine usually doesn't.

But a CT scan and other testing should be done to rule out other problems, esp if you do not have migraines.

Susie