Tingling

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ABLUV, Apr 5, 2006.

1. ABLUV

ABLUV New Member

I was in a car wreck in Aug. My CFS symptoms have increased. One symptom I didn't have has shown up: I tingle all over, including face, gums, lips and tongue. At times it feels like my brain is itching and tickling. I am still in physical therapy because of neck strain and shoulder pain. Initially they were treating me for neck shoulder and lower back. My lower back feels 100% better but my neck, shoulder, and head still feel strange. Physical therapist doesn't know why I have the tingling.

Do you think that the tingling is due to CFS or FMS? Or do you think I may have another problem?
  2. kriket

kriket New Member

Not sure, but it could be some kind of nerve damage. Tingling is a symptom of that. Especially if you have neck,shoulder and back injuries.

Kriket
  3. musikmaker

musikmaker New Member

I have had this problem for about 2 years when I had a very major flare. Nerve pain, tingling, crawling feeling, jolts, shocks and tremors are all part of FM. Cymbalta has helped this a lor for me.
  4. spmary

spmary New Member

See a neurologist.
  5. dmhosea

dmhosea New Member

Hey abluv,

There are several websites I've found that state FMS can occur with the symptoms you're experiencing after a car accident.

dmhosea RN
  6. findmind

findmind New Member

Here I am again with exact same problem as you...like the Elavil seizures-like "clonus"!

I have begun to notice this tingling in my face, neck arms and chest. I have severe arthritis in neck, but MRIs do not show nerve pinching, so I wonder, too, what it is...

A blood oxygen problem?

findmind
  7. mrstyedawg

mrstyedawg Member

the tingling could be a sign of cervical spinal stinosis. I had the tingling in my mouth gums and it even felt like my teeth were tingling. you really need to see a neurologist about this. It can happend after a car accident. if you have this therapy on your neck could cause it to worsen. the first thing my neuro asked me was if i had been in a car wreck. Good luck
  8. ABLUV

ABLUV New Member

Hi gang! Thanx for all the input!!

Neuro is going to MRI cirvical spine and I think I will ask for a second opinion from the bone doc who performed that operation on my aunt( she was in the wreck too).

Neuro also said I need to talk to shrink about changing meds. He says he is sure I am not having seizures. He says that I could add neurontin to the elavil or just take neurontin for pain and seizures. I noticed that one of you said that you take cymbalta. A relative of mine takes that and she says it makes her sleepy and it upsets her stomach. Does anybody get reflux from cymbalta or neurontin? I need to know because I have reflux and it's very sensative.

Well that's all for now. Look forward to your feedback.

Your new pal,
    ABLUV