Tinnitis relief??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Kathleen12, Jan 1, 2008.

1. Kathleen12

Kathleen12 New Member

I know I have bombarded you all with questions recently, but here is one more and I'll quit.

Has anyone found any relief for tinnitis and is it also just another symptom of CFS?
  2. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

I've had this for years now and lately it's been much louder!! It's a symptom of CFS, lyme disease, candida, heavy metals, etc.

I'm hoping when I get my infections under control, it will go away!!!
  3. Missizzy

Missizzy New Member

I've had it ever since the day of my sudden onset. In fact, my illness started with overwhelming vertigo and a roaring in my ears resulting in a 40% hearing loss. My tinnitus seems to wax and wane but is far worse when I'm having a flare. I also have deep ear pain and itching. They all seem to go hand in hand. If anyone has any ideas, I'd love to hear them. No doctor has seemed concerned. I've just learned to live with it.

ISSGOD New Member

... this is the place to do it. As for tinnitus... I wish I had an answer. All I can say is; I have it and have just learned to ignore it. Sometimes it is loud and impossible to ignore, like when I’m trying to sleep.

I have had hearing tests done and these always come back normal. I also have popping from time to time in my left ear.

So I am "all ears" here if someone has some info on this subject.
  5. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

I just read your profile. We have many of the same syptoms. Especially the ear symptoms and the startle reflex. Also I was previously diagnosed with MS only to find out that it is Lyme disease.

I have that deep ear pain and itching. And my tinitus is worse during a flare. When I eat sugar or simple carbs all of these symptoms get much worse. I have candida so I think my tinitus and ear pain/itching is related to that. Especially since sugar makes it worse. Though it could also be related to my lyme because these are also lyme syptoms.

My doctor told me that lyme, heavy metals and candida have the same syptoms. I had all three but recently chelated heavy metals so that is one less problem for me right now.
  6. elliespad

elliespad Member

Try the methyl-cobalamin form of B-12 :).

And, for Vertigo, try Turmeric, the herb not the spice. 1 Capsule, 3 times a day.
  7. ScottInCalifornia82

ScottInCalifornia82 New Member

Don't worry about bomboarding with questions, this is the place to do it!

I had tinitus pretty bad about 4 years ago to the point where I couldn't sleep well. It lasted like that for about a month and then simply went away on its own. One way ease it is to have background music/noise and also to avoid loud music which can worsen it.

It am pretty sure that tinnitus is related to CFS, but I think my case is also exacerbated by excessive loud music.
  8. Manaleon

Manaleon New Member

I'm just finding out this can be a symptom of anemia. It might be something to look into. My ears have been ringing for two months straight now. Here's so info on anemia....

Symptoms of anemia vary depending on the severity of the condition. Anemia may occur without symptoms and be detected only during a medical examination that includes a blood test. When they occur, symptoms may include:

Weakness and fatigue are the most common symptoms of even mild anemia. Even iron deficiency without anemia can reduce working capacity in some people.

Shortness of breath on exertion

Rapid heartbeat

Lightheadedness or dizziness

Ringing in the ears (tinnitus)

Irritability and other mood disturbances

Pale skin (however, healthy-looking skin color does not
    rule out anemia if a patient has risk factors and other symptoms of anemia)

Iron deficiency, even at a level too mild to cause anemia, has been linked to restless legs syndrome (RLS) in some people. Some studies have reported RLS in 25 - 30% of people with low iron levels. Studies suggest, in fact, that RLS in some people may be due to impaired iron acquisition in cells that regulate dopamine in the brain. Dopamine abnormalities are known to play a role in RLS.

Mental confusion

Loss of sexual drive

another link

I know a lot of this symptoms overlap with fibro and cfs, but it's something to look into and ask your doctor about.

9. BxGirl

BxGirl New Member

Have any of you seen an Audiologist? My husband is an Audiologist and I know they treat tinnitus. They use different methods. Look around for an Audiologist who has experience treating tinnitus. It's worth a try!