TinnitusRinging in the ear

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by TaniaF, Sep 24, 2008.

1. TaniaF

TaniaF Member

Does anyone have this? I have always had some ringing, however, since my surgery just over a month ago and the general anesthesia the ringing/buzzing has gotten worse.

I have an air purifier running in my bedroom to help drown out the buzzing noise in my ear.

Anyone know if there are any supplements to help get rid of this? So annoying!
  2. ABLUV

ABLUV New Member

It is the loudest when the fatigue is severe. It affects my singing too because it messes up my pitch. I have a harder time placing my voice in the key I need to sing in. That is very irritating and embarrasing at times.

I don't know of any cure for the ringing. If you find something let us know!
  3. Atlanta8

Atlanta8 New Member

I get it too! It's so annoying. I used to get it on and off when I was a kid, but it's gradually got worse. Not med related though. I think mine's genetic (my gran used to get it quite badly - so much so when her faulty smoke detector kept going off she thought it was just her ears getting worse!). There are various treatments for it (I've never used any, but would like to) - some are electrical devices, others are natural ear drops etc etc. Your doc might be able to help you, but I think it depends on what type of tinnitus you have. I can't remember the different types but I think one is a neuro problem and one is more 'physical'.

Mine feels like my ears are under pressure so mainly hear a hissy rumbly sound, with the occasional high pitch tone. Every now and again it will stop for a minute or two, and it's SUCH a relief!

Also, sometimes if you vocalise the noise your ears are making it kinda cancels it out and stops the noise. It works for me, but annoyingly it just means I get a new tone start, so just go round in circles!

If you find anything you'd like to recommend do post it here though, I'd be interested to know what works.

[This Message was Edited on 09/24/2008]
  4. les80

les80 New Member

i have constant ringing in my ears...so much that i dont even hear it anymore...only when i have pressure buildup then its louder. Mine is a very high pitched kind of beeping noise...always the same pitch. oh well...im sure it would be weird if it went away now!