tiny bit of blood in urine test, now have to do a 24hr urine

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by razorqueen, Nov 22, 2005.

1. razorqueen

razorqueen Member

collection! My ferritin levels are low, and the doc thinks maybe this could be why. Have to have some more blood tests too, something to do with the liver, I think. So, I get to pee all day Sunday and collect it in a big bottle and bring it to the hospital Monday morning! Any one have this? I have to pee ALOT at night time, 2-4 times/night. Not too big of a problem during the day. No pain or burning when I go. Wonder what could be going on now?
    Raz
  2. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

Razorqueen,
    I had to do the 24 hour urine collection and I asked for 2 bottles from the lab. I also drank a gallon of water and used that bottle too because I produce a lot of urine because I drink so very much.

I'm a constant drinker and I have to get up about 4 times a night to pee too. I'm lucky I have a small refrigerator up here to store the urine in. They told me to keep it refrigerated.

I had to pour some into the gallon container. I peed so much I had to use two of those huge Solo cups. My hand actually got sore from rubbing on the toilet seat. I can't pee standing up. This was a nightmare for me.

I had this done because I have had diabetes for 29 years. I am only spilling a tiny bit of albumin. I think the endo wants to put me on an Ace Inhibitor when I see him in January. :( Just what I need more pills. :(

Hope you will be okay.

Hugs,
    Faye
  3. razorqueen

razorqueen Member

anymore input?