Tiny bumps on skin

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Ginner, Feb 24, 2007.

1. Ginner

Ginner New Member

Does anyone have tiny pinhead small bumps on your skin? I have had fms for 12 yrs.
  2. Shalala

Shalala New Member

I got those on the back of my upper arms :-(
  3. Shalala

Shalala New Member

Oh my Bonnie ... bless your heart.
  4. aracari

aracari New Member

I don't know/can't speak about goose bump skin with FM, but there is also a common inherited condition called Keratosis pilaris that causes small red bumps on the backs of arms and thighs. They are caused by excess production of keratin, which forms a "plug" in the hair follicle. Wearing looser clothing helps some, as they are exacerbated by rubbing. You shouldn't try to manually exfoliate (scrub a lot). Alpha-hydroxy creams may help a little.
  5. Shalala

Shalala New Member

What is Keratosis Pilaris?

Keratosis Pilaris (KP) is a very common follicular disease manifested by the appearance of rough bumps on the back and outer sides of the upper arms. Sometimes, KP can also be present on the thighs and/or buttocks or virtually anywhere on your body except for palms and soles. There are numerous tiny rough spots in the affected area. Each one is a conical (spiny) plug resembling goosebumps. Sometimes, the skin surrounding the follicles might be slightly irritated, making it look like a red "rash". Keratosis Pilaris is completely harmless but sometimes unsightly.

http://www.keratosispilaris.org/keratosis%20pilaris%20about_kp.htm
  6. Ginner

Ginner New Member

the tiny-tiny bumps that I have are on the back of my hands. My skin is thinning...hmmm..they are not red or itchy and they "stay", they do not come and go but they are NOT normal. Whenever something is not normal, I am heading to see a physician. They are transculent or white under the skin and very hard. My prim. dr. didn't know and suggested a dermo. I, of course, am tired of drs. at this time, but I am planning on looking into this.
    Thank you for all of your input..This is great, I have no support at this time. Just had to give up a job I love, plan on searching for more local support in the near future.
    Ginner
  7. Ginner

Ginner New Member

Thanks I will look up milia.
    I have googled, webmd'd and any other medical search and do not come up with anything.
    Ginner
  8. Ginner

Ginner New Member

You are all so helpful,Thank you all.
  9. GigglePoet

GigglePoet New Member

You've got it Shalala...my son has this.the outer layer of skin does not slough off as soon as it should and the poor clog up. My son has this and a good moisturizer can do wonders. My son is to lazy though.