Tired and tired of family drama

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by wacquiebob, Nov 29, 2011.

1. wacquiebob

wacquiebob New Member

I am already exhausted and weary and I found out today that my 13-year old nephew lit a fire on his schoolbus yesterday afternoon. He was taken into police custody today. We are very close and the thing that makes it so bad is that his parents (my brother and sister-in-law) are crazy, which is why he is acting out. He cannot deal with them. I cannot blame him; I cannot deal with them either. I feel badly. I don't know how to help. They are very secretive; I don't know when he will be released and I don't think they will be forthcoming about what is going to happen to him next. This past summer he spent every free weekend he had at my house to get a break from his oppressive household. I did my best to entertain him with my disease. It was a struggle and my housekeeping is still suffering as a result. And the whole thing only reinforces how alone I am in my own troubles.
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

That you have all this stress in your life. Stress is the worst thing for us. Bless you for helping your nephew. It means more to him, I'm sure, than you will ever know. The poor kid has at least one person in his corner.

That he did this means he's probably crying out for help beyond what you can provide. This may turn out to be a good thing if the courts recognize his need for some therapy and help coping with the instability at home.

Sending up a prayer for everyone involved. Keep us updated on what's going on and how you are holding up.

Love, Mikie
  3. tjblueeyes

tjblueeyes New Member

I am so sorry you have all this drama going on around you. Are there any support groups in your area? As for the medical bills, ask the doctors or hospitals if they offer any kind of financial assistance. It can't hurt. I don't know if you are spiritual or not, but I would pray to God for the strength to handle what you can and leave the rest to Him. You cannot save the world. Do you work or are you on disability? I know it is difficult when others don't understand your limitations or the depth of your pain and the isolation it can bring. I will pray for you. Try some relaxation exercises if you can.