TIRED, HURT,DEPRESSED,AND "I" AM ALONE W/THIS IN MY WORLD

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Betty50victor, Nov 13, 2002.

1. Betty50victor

Betty50victor New Member

I've always felt that this was the place to at least get some relief from this Fibro/Dep. crap. Sorry All but I am not feeling better. I do fit with all/most of symptoms that you all have, BUT, that's not making it easier anymore.
    I am alone..... Family doesn't really know how to act around me with this and don't really talk about it cause they can't really comprehend what I'm going thru. Plus, they have their lives to deal with. What ever made me think that they'd have room to deal with me.
    I know that I'll never find someone who would want to date/go out with me cause I'm so limited in what I can do anymore. When I go to the mkt. can't walk around more that 10 to 15 minutes without my hips hurting, can't walk much and my whole body is just fatigued out! So, I say, what am I good for anymore.... Just paying bills and making sure my doggie has all his needs met? I don't reqret my doggie cause I do know that he is the only one who loves me no matter what. I rescued him from the pound in June 02, 9 yrs. old, Llapso. I love him to death. HE IS ALL I REALLY HAVE that gives me comfort.
    I just need to stop reading the posts, at least for a while. Maybe I'll pick up and feel better later. Hopefully!
    Just needed to tell someone this. Don't mean to be all down and out but probably some of you will understand.
    Well, hope you are all feeling better and have a good day.
    Wish I could.
    Betty in Lancaster
  2. Betty50victor

Betty50victor New Member

I've always felt that this was the place to at least get some relief from this Fibro/Dep. crap. Sorry All but I am not feeling better. I do fit with all/most of symptoms that you all have, BUT, that's not making it easier anymore.
    I am alone..... Family doesn't really know how to act around me with this and don't really talk about it cause they can't really comprehend what I'm going thru. Plus, they have their lives to deal with. What ever made me think that they'd have room to deal with me.
    I know that I'll never find someone who would want to date/go out with me cause I'm so limited in what I can do anymore. When I go to the mkt. can't walk around more that 10 to 15 minutes without my hips hurting, can't walk much and my whole body is just fatigued out! So, I say, what am I good for anymore.... Just paying bills and making sure my doggie has all his needs met? I don't reqret my doggie cause I do know that he is the only one who loves me no matter what. I rescued him from the pound in June 02, 9 yrs. old, Llapso. I love him to death. HE IS ALL I REALLY HAVE that gives me comfort.
    I just need to stop reading the posts, at least for a while. Maybe I'll pick up and feel better later. Hopefully!
    Just needed to tell someone this. Don't mean to be all down and out but probably some of you will understand.
    Well, hope you are all feeling better and have a good day.
    Wish I could.
    Betty in Lancaster
  3. tedebear

tedebear New Member

I recently printed out some Fibro literature and pain docs materials to put on my coffee table in the rec room. Makes for conversation with the family members and guests. They don't know what we experience, but the literature educates them and out of curiosity they glance at the literature. It is like anything else in life, unless we educate ourselves and others, we have no concept as to what is going on in the world.
    Good luck. Don't give up. Good people on this site.
    Soft hugs today and always.
  4. maleficent4310

maleficent4310 New Member

I think we almost all feel like that. I am married and have a 5 year old son, but I still feel alone. My husband acts like nothing is wrong, and is actually confused if I look like I have a bad day, week, or month. As far as he is concerned I have it made. I work limited hours, I sleep all day long, I watch TV all day long, my son takes care of himself, my cats love me, I call all kinds of people on the phone......( at least that is what he thinks my life is like). It is a chore just pushing my vaccum in the livingroom. I don't sleep all day, though I would like too, but even if I lie down, I don't sleep like he does. The smallest sound wakes me up. If I try to lie down after my son gets home, chances are he is going to bug me till I get up. I don't watch too much TV. I am too busy making the basic housework into a chore. I do agree with the pet thing though. My cats are great. I can whine about eveything. They still love me and will never tell my husband the things I say about him. They are very loyal that way. If I don't feel well, there they are, ready to sunggle and love on me till I am doing better. They never complain. Pets are the best and a must! Love your doggie with all your heart, even if you find that special someone, your dog will be more supportive than anyone eles. He or she will never let you down or stray away. I think we all need that. Good luck. I hope you start feeling better soon.
    Lisa
  5. Shirl

Shirl New Member

I have a saying that I repeat when things get too bad; 'When I am this far down, there is only one place to go, and thats back UP'!

Sending your good thoughts, blessings and prayers.

Shalom, Shirl
  6. karen2002

karen2002 New Member

What does bring about my demise, only makes me stronger.
    Hi Betty,
    I am so sorry that you find yourself in this place. I understand, having to duck out for awhile, recoup, and put all this to the back of your mind. Sometimes, just by reading daily, it keeps these disorders in the forefront. We all need breaks now and then.
    I know it must be hard to feel so all alone in this. Don't give up hope, though. Plenty of men have been and/or are going through debilitating illnesses, or have been involved with those who have, or are just simply wonderful and compassionate people, that don't dwell on a few limitations, but the overall picture. You have plenty of wonderful attributes to offer someone. Because you are limited in some areas does not negate the fact that you are adept in others. Many with disabilities find wonderful mates. Please know that you are loved here, we understand, and will stand by you, offering our support, till hell freezes over!
    Hugs, Karen
    [This Message was Edited on 11/14/2002]
  7. RedB

RedB New Member

It sounds to me as if you could use a few e-mail FM friends that you can visit with on a one-on-one basis. Makes you feel less alone. This board is wonderful for general help, but it's sometimes easier to form friendships through e-mail. That way you have time and space to talk about all of the good things that happen in your day, too. Being a person with a lot of gab, I know about all of this stuff. And, being a petsitter, AND an owner of 6 cats and a dog, I understand how much people love to talk about their pets. I'm sure lots of people on this board would love to visit with you more often. Or, if it's easier, there are "chat" programs that you can download from your computer that give you search options that can help you find friends with your interests or health problems. Just steer clear of the "crazies" on them. Kathy from Michigan.
  8. fifi

fifi New Member

Dear Betty:

What are you doing to improve your condition other than taking your medication and complaining about others. Wait, don't get upset, I want to help you. Are you dieting? Are you exercising? Are you resting enough?

Perhaps your family can't understand what you are going through because they think you are okay. Most people with fibro do not look sick on the outside, and this is why people may think that you are not as bad as you claim to be. We are always judge by the appearence first.

I was very ill about four months ago. I was taking medication for pain and muscle relaxers. Also, antidepresents to feel better and to sleep at night. All this was just keeping me drugged and confused. I was not able to concentrate on my job and all I wanted to do was sleep and lay down in a corner by myself.

But, I realized that I could not continued in that path. I am a single mother with a 7 year old son to support and look after. Therefore, I can't give up. I need to work and I need to have a quality "life" for him and for myself. You need to think possitive and help yourself. You can do it. I did it.

Can you belive that I do not take any medication any longer? This is what I do:

I get up at 5:00 a.m every day.

I Walk on my threadmill for 45 minutes. After I am done, I get ready and I go to work until 5:00 pm. (after I get my son ready and drop him off at school). After work I take my son to Karate classes and when I am done, I go to the gym and I do one hour of aerobics - step classes - spinning - body toning or whatever they may have that day. As far as what I eat, I do an specific diet (if you want me to specify what this diet consists of - let me know) and I will help you too. All this is possible only if you want to help yourself. I am not 100% cured, (I know there is no cure for this yet), but I can tell you that I feel 150% better than I used to. (And remember - I quit all the medication, which means that what I am doing is working.

I would like to help you. If you are interested reply.

I do not know what your condition is - perhaps your illness is different, I am assuming that it is Fibromyalgia.

Good Bless You.

FIFI

[This Message was Edited on 11/14/2002]
  9. Spoonerpaws

Spoonerpaws New Member

Just wanted to say, that you are not alone.

I am having a bad couple of days right now, and I know how you feel

I have one sister that has just deserted me! I guess she didn't want to be around anyone that wasn't well.

I had to quit my job and it is enough for me to take care of my husband and dog. What would I do without them?

Take care and I wish you better days!
  10. Spoonerpaws

Spoonerpaws New Member

Hi

I would like to know what diet regime you are on.

I am trying to quit all my meds - they just make me feel worse
  11. fifi

fifi New Member

Hi!

I did the diet for three months.

only consumed the following:

whole milk - raw brown sugar - no diet products at all.
    sweet potatoes - brown rice - meat purchased at places where no processing is done - (no antibiotics) apple juice only 100% natural - 1 gallon of water a day. no yeast bread purchased at health food market only - no alcohol at all. In the morning I had 1 cup of whole milk with brown sugar and 2 slices for bread for women (no yeast) toasted. At lunch 1 cup of brown rice with a piece of meat (meat not processed) or eggs and a cup of apple juice. Remember lots of water. Always used extra virgin olive oil only.

Make sure to exercise everyday - walking is good. I started a little bit at a time and increased daily the minutes.

I am not telling you to do the samething - check with your doctor, but the first thing I quit were the pain killers and three weeks later the antidepresent. Salads with egg, lettuce, califlower, broccoli (no dressing) only extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper.

Products not to take:

No potatoes
    No white rice
    No breads (only the specified)
    No corn
    No tomatoes
    No alcohol
    No Smoking
    No Green, red or yellow peppers
    ( I don't know how this posting works - I started using it today - is there a way that we can get in touch with each other via phone or e-mail is that possible because the diet is very long about 26 pages and I have only told you what I am remembering now).

I wish I could be more helpful.

I am so happy with the changes, I wish other people could feel the same.

Repply.

Best regards,
    fifi
  12. kellym

kellym New Member

It certainly feels as though we're alone, but we aren't. I've lost my job, friends and have very non-understanding family members, too. But God loves you. I don't understand why we have these diseases, but He does, and He made sure there were places where we could talk to each other about it.
    Try to hang in there & I agree about the pet thing. They're the best!