Tired of being a victim...but no fight left in me

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by achy, Dec 4, 2002.

1. achy

achy New Member

Other than this DD my life is perfect. Wonderful hubby, loving attentive, supportive, and cute as a button. Been married 23 years & he's my best friend.
    We have a beautiful home on 12 wooded acres, big workshop, 2 barns, veggie garden, flower gardens, NO NEIGHBORS!
    I quit my job in June and it's really helped me. There are still days I can't get out or do much, but at least I don't have to fight my way thru the day. I can get a good meal on the table and clean clothes for hubby.
    But I am still so DDD depressed. I know I am mourning my old life, I still haven't accepted this DD. I always feel like I am coming down wiht the flu, just feel icky all the time and I want it to stop.
    I do everything I am supposed to, I eat right, exercise no matter how bad I feel, I walk thru the woods almost everyday, but it just doesn't seem to matter. As soon as I get over one thing, there's always seems to be something else to attack me. I am tired of being a "victim" of this DD and pissed off I can't do anything about it.
    Oh well, life goes on wiht ya or wihtout ya...
    Thanks for listening
    Achy
  2. achy

achy New Member

Other than this DD my life is perfect. Wonderful hubby, loving attentive, supportive, and cute as a button. Been married 23 years & he's my best friend.
    We have a beautiful home on 12 wooded acres, big workshop, 2 barns, veggie garden, flower gardens, NO NEIGHBORS!
    I quit my job in June and it's really helped me. There are still days I can't get out or do much, but at least I don't have to fight my way thru the day. I can get a good meal on the table and clean clothes for hubby.
    But I am still so DDD depressed. I know I am mourning my old life, I still haven't accepted this DD. I always feel like I am coming down wiht the flu, just feel icky all the time and I want it to stop.
    I do everything I am supposed to, I eat right, exercise no matter how bad I feel, I walk thru the woods almost everyday, but it just doesn't seem to matter. As soon as I get over one thing, there's always seems to be something else to attack me. I am tired of being a "victim" of this DD and pissed off I can't do anything about it.
    Oh well, life goes on wiht ya or wihtout ya...
    Thanks for listening
    Achy
  3. lilwren

lilwren New Member

I am grateful everyday for having a wonderful, caring, husband. I could not function without his help. Many times I come to read posts and cry because of the people who are alone and trying to cope with this DD.

I too am trying to do everything right, but it seems too little too late - there is always something else. It's so infuriating! As soon as one pain goes away another one takes it's place! But, Achy you are doing something about it - you're taking care of yourself - at least that's what I tell myself everyday. :) It's so hard though! Most days I feel like I'm just keeping my head above water. If we keep working this hard at getting better there must be a pay off somewherw down the road for us.

love,
    Sharon L
  4. kadywill

kadywill New Member

and I am so thankful for those blessings, but this DD is a cross to bear and it really gets me down, too. I am so thankful to be out of work now and I am so surprised that I haven't mourned this loss. I am 47 years old and have had chronic pain/fatigue and strange complaints for a long time now and I think I am just glad the work part is over. My life IS my home and husband now and I really am getting into the housewife thing~~I have NEVER just been a housewife and it is very fulfilling for me. I am just glad the noise and over-stimulation at work are no longer MY problem. I may change at some point and really miss it, but right now I am focusing on Kady and making it from day to day. Maybe it's the pain management program I'm on right now that is helping me so much; I don't know, but I feel optimistic even though I haven't been able to buy ONE Christmas gift yet and I haven't a clue when I will be able to! Maybe God is just giving me PEACE finally!
    Love and respect and empathy,
    Kady