Tired of being asked, "Why?"

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by pearls, Jan 21, 2003.

1. pearls

pearls New Member

Every time I list my aches, pains, and weird symptoms to my beloved spouse, he asks, "Why?" Aaaarrrrrgh!

-Pearl
  2. s43

s43 New Member

do you feel like you are moaning all the time ,i do. I feel like he doesnt want to hear me all the time,so what i do is i dont tell him how i am feeling for a few days and suddenly he will say your not well are you, why didnt you tell me.Can you ever win LUV SHARON
  3. pearls

pearls New Member

Mine tells me he doesn't want to hear about it all the time. Of course this is a big issue for me every minute of my life! On the other hand, he tells me he doesn't really know how I feel. But that makes a difference in what he can expect of me, etc. etc.

Thanks for listening. (At least somebody does.)

-Pearl
  4. LauraLea

LauraLea New Member

My husband use to be the same way. He would ask what's wrong but wouldn't really want to hear it.

After he went through some medical issues himself he no longer gives me any grief about my Fibro any more. In fact he knows before I say anything how much pain I'm in.

What I started to do when he would ask, is just tell he oh I'm just a little acky. Remember most men want to fix things and when they can't they don't know how to take it.

There is no easy answer, but I found that therapy really helped. If you have insurance that covers it I would suggest to take advantage of it......

Hope you get the support you need-Laura
  5. Kimba

Kimba New Member

What. What did you do. Nothing dear it just hurt there today.

He has read the books, come to support group with me, been to the doctor with me and he still will ask What did I do to make this part or that part hurt. Sometimes I just don't know what to do with him.
  6. pearls

pearls New Member

Love him, I guess. <Grin>

-Pearl