Tired of being sick

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Tonia, Sep 8, 2002.

1. Tonia

Tonia New Member

Hello, I have used this message board before and got some great feedback before. Thank you.
    I am having a bad day today. I have some strange symptoms that I have never had before. I bruise very easy and have been vomiting for the past week, it has gotten so bad that I can no longer eat. I think I might have ulcers from the medications that I have been taking. so I quit these couple of days, I am in alot of pain and started to have these coffie ground like stuff coming out of me. I am giving up doctors. I have gone in several times and nothing has happened or they give me another pill. I am up to 14 a day now. I have some medical training but now I don't even understand myself, how can I help others. I give up. I would hate to go in and have them send me away again. Its humiliating to ask for help. I don't have a good doctor anymore. I am with Indian Health Services, where all muscle trama from has only 1 pill. They tell me that the government will no longer pay for most of the health care of native americans. It has gotten so bad that I spranged my ankle a month ago and they could not see me, they told me to make a urgent appt. that was a month and a half later. its is terrable. Who knows when I will be seen for this. I have no money and have been denied medical assistance because "I am 10.00 over the line for assistance" So I give up.

I am going tomorrow the 10th, I can't even drink water now, I am so tired and nauseated. I thought It might go away, it hs not. I just hope they do not send me home. I remember when I had an appendicitis they sent me home 3 days in a row till finally they did something.
    [This Message was Edited on 09/09/2002]
  2. Tonia

Tonia New Member

Hello, I have used this message board before and got some great feedback before. Thank you.
    I am having a bad day today. I have some strange symptoms that I have never had before. I bruise very easy and have been vomiting for the past week, it has gotten so bad that I can no longer eat. I think I might have ulcers from the medications that I have been taking. so I quit these couple of days, I am in alot of pain and started to have these coffie ground like stuff coming out of me. I am giving up doctors. I have gone in several times and nothing has happened or they give me another pill. I am up to 14 a day now. I have some medical training but now I don't even understand myself, how can I help others. I give up. I would hate to go in and have them send me away again. Its humiliating to ask for help. I don't have a good doctor anymore. I am with Indian Health Services, where all muscle trama from has only 1 pill. They tell me that the government will no longer pay for most of the health care of native americans. It has gotten so bad that I spranged my ankle a month ago and they could not see me, they told me to make a urgent appt. that was a month and a half later. its is terrable. Who knows when I will be seen for this. I have no money and have been denied medical assistance because "I am 10.00 over the line for assistance" So I give up.

I am going tomorrow the 10th, I can't even drink water now, I am so tired and nauseated. I thought It might go away, it hs not. I just hope they do not send me home. I remember when I had an appendicitis they sent me home 3 days in a row till finally they did something.
    [This Message was Edited on 09/09/2002]
  3. MicheleF

MicheleF New Member

You mentioned in one of your first posts that you were going to a dr who was giving you shots; what kind of dr was he? (regular, rheumy or what?) If you can get to an emergency room, I'm pretty sure they have to treat you, regardless of whether you can pay...your symptoms sound very serious...and you need to get treated.

Keep us posted. Michele
  4. toniad

toniad New Member

I am Tonia D. I'll announce myself as that from now on, sorry you are doing so poorly. I understand, and have felt a lot like you are feeling, many times before.

I'll keep you in my prayers.

Sending you get well wishes,
    Tonia D.
  5. MicheleF

MicheleF New Member

My fibrofog is pretty bad today...I had to relook over several posts to make sure I was answering the right one...now my head's aspinning..lol

Tonia of this message, please let us know if you were able to get to an emergency room...coffee grind stuff sounds serious. Take care. Michele
  6. Milo83

Milo83 New Member

Tonia,
    The light is flashing...And this means that what you are saying could be serious, please get yourself to an ER as soon as possible..Once you start vomiting & it looks like Coffee Grounds, it's time!!!!!!!!And yes, there is a good chance that you could have an ulcer..But with your symptoms any ER would treat you..PLEASE GO NOW!!!!!!!!!
    Please let us know what happens........Take Care....Best Wishes........Donna
    **GO TO THE ER!!!!!!!!!!!
  7. Dawnt

Dawnt Member

The following symptoms may indicate a condition more serious than gastroenteritis and require immediate medical attention:

vomit resembles coffee grounds (blood that mixes with stomach acid will resemble coffee grounds and be brownish in color)

You need to call your doctor immediately..or go to the emergency room..I would.
    Dawn
  8. epicurean

epicurean New Member

don't delay-go to E.R.,they can't turn you away-if necessary go by ambulance-you get in right away with no waiting!!!
  9. dahlc

dahlc New Member

tonia
    if you are vomiting coffee ground material you need to get to an ER ASAP. this is a pretty definite sign of internal bleeding. i am a nurse and i have FMS, too.
  10. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Please listen to the advice you have been given here. With that coffee grinds vomiting, I saw that happend to my mother, PLEASE get to an ER, if necessary, bring a sample of the vomit! This is not anything to fool around with.

I am not in the medical field, but many who have given you advice are. I saw this first hand, they have got to treat you, now!

Please do this, and let us know how you are as soon as you can. I will be waiting for you to post after you see a doctor.

Shalom, Shirl
  11. selma

selma New Member

Get yourself to a Doctor, ER, or a medical facility as soon as possible.. You are talking about a serious problem. Show up at an office. They can't refuse you treatment, or you can tell them that they are abandoning you as a patient, and you will get a lawyer involved.
    No stress, just a fact.

Stand up for yourself you are a child of God. You have to take care of your body. Noone else will.
    It is YOUR BODY.
    Don't give up. We know that you can do it!!!

Go get em!!! Love, Selma
  12. MicheleF

MicheleF New Member

& a hope that you saw this yesterday. Take care. Michele
  13. Cheka

Cheka New Member

Hoping to hear something!
    Debbie
  14. griswoldgirl

griswoldgirl New Member

that could indicate internal bleeding or other severely dangerous things. I am nto a doctor, just owrk in health care and have read about that symptom in the past and it is not a good one. Remember not all things are cfs or fms( am not sure what you have)

I am familiar with the problems with native americans health care-lived in palm springs cali and knew many native americans there who had trouble.

If you have to go to a county facility(hospital) where they can not turn you down for no insurance-do that do not let the coffee ground thing go without having a doctor look into it. that worries me.

I hope you get to feeling better. I know how it feels to be sick and tired of being sick and tired trust me. i am headed for my 3rd surgery in 3 years and I am not a happy camper about it-just gratful that I do have insurance which protects me and my income.

I pray for you and hope that you will find an answer to your health care problems. hang in there and let us know how you are doing.

cathy
  15. Lanie

Lanie New Member

Go to the hospital. You definitely have something wrong either with your stomach or your intestines or somewhere inbetween. I have been doing a lot of research as my mom has Chronic Pancreatitis, and I have come across things that sound like your symptoms that were not good. GO to the hospital, they have to take you. If you feel better about a walkin clinic, find one in your area. Be insistant, don't let them blow you off!!
    Best wishes for a speedy recovery.
    Lanie
  16. PMangels

PMangels New Member

Tonia I don't want to scare you but you need medical attention NOW...this minute. If you are not able to keep anything down you are dehydrated. Any vomit with coffee ground material in it means you are bleeding internally somewhere. Please call someone to take you to the hospital. Please help yourself for us. We all love you and care to see that you are getting well. PLEASE, PLEASE GO NOW. This is urgent!! I will say a prayer for you just as soon as I finish this.

Love and HUGS,
    Arlene
  17. nje

nje New Member

I`M AGREEING WITH ALL THE OTHERS WHO POSTED BEFORE ME,COFFEE GROUNDS STUFF IS DEFINITELY NOT A GOOD SIGN,GO,OR CALL AN AMBULANCE, IT WILL TAKE YOU AND THERE WILL BE NO WAITING ,TRUST ME I KNOW,BECAUSE WHEN I WAS CARING FOR MY MOM WHO HAD A CHRONIC DISEASE I WOULD SIMPLY DIAL 911,TELL THE OPERATOR TO SEND AN AMBULANCE TO YOUR HOME, THAT YOU ARE CRITICALLY SICK,THEN HANG UP AND WAIT, THEY`LL COME,LICKITY SPLIT,THEY HAVE TO,DON`T WORRY ABOUT PAYING OR NOTHING, THEY CAN NOT REFUSE YOU TREATMENT.I`LL PRAY A SPECIAL PRAYER FOR YOU TONIGHT. (((((((((((TONIA))))))))) HUGS AND PRAYERS FOR YOU. NJE