tired of being tired

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by alourab, Nov 8, 2006.

1. alourab

alourab New Member

I was recently diagnosed after being in pain for over 7yrs. and not feeling rested. My doctor is as i call it exparimenting on me. is there anyting to help get a good night sleep????????????????????????????????????????
  2. Kryssie

Kryssie New Member

Im sorry to hear you arent sleeping. I do sleep now, but only because I take Ambien CR. I would go for days, literally without rest and that makes pain much worse. Good luck! If you have meds for sleep, take them by all means!
  3. fmkitty

fmkitty New Member

Hi alourab,I know how you feel,my meds are not working I still dont sleep and I am tired all the time too,I feel as though my doc is exprementing on me to.
  4. Onajourney

Onajourney New Member

Has your doctor referred you for a sleep test? A majority of CFS & FM sufferers have sleep apnea and don't know it. Even if you get a good night's rest - say 8-10 hours - if you're not sleeping deep enough it won't do any good. You need REM sleep. You need the sleep to heal and to stop the pain.

Also, check your medication's side effects. A good many drugs today cause sleepiness.

Peace & Hugs