Tired of my bed!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by shari1677, Apr 6, 2011.

1. shari1677

shari1677 New Member

I'm tired of sleeping. I'm tired of living my life in my bed. I'm tired of being tired all the time. Even when I'm not completely utterly exhausted, my eyes feel very tired and puffy (even though they arent).

I'm only 43. My 70 YO mom can run circles around me.

I have gained 130 pounds (that is not a typo) in the last 3-4 years. I know the extra weight isnt helping, but, how do I go about losing it when I'm too tired to do anything?

2. shootingstar

shootingstar New Member

I empathize with the weight loss problems. I was eating when I was fatigued, and packed on a lot of pounds. I'm now napping when fatigued, trying to get in touch with when I am actually hungry instead of tired.

Weight Watchers has an option (simply filling) to eat all your foods from a basically non-fat power foods list (this is an extensive list and includes a wide variety of things) until you are just satisfied - not overly full - with some extra calories to spend on optional items through the week that you have to track - that's helping. This way of working their program eliminates weighing and measuring, for the most part. They have recommended amounts of dairy, healthy oils, fruits and veggies, liquids, a multivitamin.

Eating the whole foods gradually normalized my appetite, and this way of eating has made me more aware of when I am full. My dog loves the table scraps. If he weren't here the garbage disposal would get some - I had been filling my plate too full and eating it all. It's a maintainable way of eating, healthy, and I do not feel deprived. They also have a more structured plan which requires more tracking, measuring etc., but I've found this one works better with the amount of energy I'm capable of expending on it.

Everyone runs circles around me too. My best -

3. ksp56

ksp56 Member

I certainly have empathy for you. The exhaustion and fatigue can be very wearing. And depressing.

Quite a few, who have fibro and/or cfs, gain weight. I know I'm one of them! Makes it more difficult to exercise, etc. I have used some MILD walking dvds and there are also chair excercises dvds. Years ago someone on this board used them, and they helped her. She was almost bed ridden.

I'm 54 and my mom is 77. She too, has more energy than I do on many days. I was diagnosed 8 years ago.

This all is so overwhelming. Please remember I'm thinking of you.

Gentle Hugs,

4. ilovepink4

ilovepink4 Member

I know what you mean. I am in bed all the time, too. I gained about 60 lbs from cymbalta. it took me a couple years to lose it on weight watchers. i have still crept back up about15 lbs....it is a constant battle. i think fibro messes up your metabolism....and the drugs the docs make us try....

I feel like i am wasting my life. I was able to deal with it better than now. My husband is leaving me. I think he has another woman. i of course can't prove it or even follow him to try to catch him. it doesn't matter anyways. he is determined to destroy our family. I just don't want to do this anymore. this is not living. i am sorry. i don't mean to drag everyone down. i am just venting because i can't believe this is happening to me. my poor children will be devastated when he finally tells them.

i wish we had a message board just for us bedridden people.

i hate my life. maybe it would be better if we didn't have our own board. i would ruin it.

hang in there shari. try the new weight watchers program. it sounds like it is good!

5. ksp56

ksp56 Member

I'd be depressed too! You are dealing with a major life change and trying to manage this horrid pain. You are in my thoughts..

If I was going through what you are, I'd be depressed also. Very. Please keep coming here. And vent away!

My thoughts go out to you and your children.