Tired of Stomach Problems While Out

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by TeaBisqit, Aug 13, 2008.

1. TeaBisqit

TeaBisqit Member

OMG, this is the second time I've been out in about a week and had stomach attacks while in the stores. I am so sick of it. And not every store has a bathroom. It really, really sux. It is hard enough to even go to a store with this illness, but to have that on top is just too much.

I overdid it today. I am so, so sick. I'm freezing cold. I'm so cold that I had to put a small heater on in here, even though it was in the 80's out today.

I won't be able to move tomorrow. I already know it. But I'm stocked up on food and stuff, so I'll be okay in here this time.

Unrelated money complaint: They are raising my rent thirteen dollars toward the end of the year. Well, our SS checks will probably go up about that. We never get to see any benefit to the check increases. Every year, all these companies take advantage of the fact our checks go up that tiny bit. The cable will go up, too, and the phone bill, and the internet bill, and probably the car insurance bill. Our checks don't go up that much. Where is the benefit? It is NOT fair.
  2. Crispangel66

Crispangel66 New Member

On the stomach problems I hate that too, it also is very embarassing to me. I also have that stupid chemical sensitivity and that had been keeping me from wanting to go to the store at all. I went to wal-mart a couple of weeks ago and I had a chemical reaction, I broke out in a rash and got to where I couldn't breathe. I was scared. I have both problems though and I sympathize with you. Hope your problems improve.

Gentle Hugs Crispangel
  3. TeaBisqit

TeaBisqit Member

Walmart is a mecca for flares. I can't go in there without ending up sick for days. I'm not sure what does it to us. There are a million chemicals in there. They have mold on the boxes they bring in from China. They have pesticides they spray on the merchandise, also related to importing it. They clean the store with all kinds of horrible chemicals. The list just goes on and on. I don't know how the workers can work there without getting sick, since it seems to affect nearly every one of us. Any time you talk to CFIDS/FM/ME patients, if you bring up Walmart, we all know about it.
  4. jake123

jake123 New Member

I only go to stores with good bathrooms. Target, Dillards, Nordstroms, Penneys, Tom Thumbs. Because I never know. I have been trying to balance with Imodium. I know lettuce is a problem but I love salads and tacos with lettuce so I chew about 1/2 of an Imodium. If I am tending toward constipation, I eat a cup of Cheerios or Raisin Bran, that works for me. Why do we have spend so much brain power on our bowel problems?