Tired, shaky arms after holding something heavy???

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by meowchowchow, Jun 24, 2004.

1. meowchowchow

meowchowchow New Member

My sister just brought my 10 mth old nephew to visit me at work. He weighs about 25 lbs. Of course I wanted to carry him around and show him off as I introduced him to everyone.Boy, are my arms shaky and tired now. Can barely lift them! Does this happen to anyone else?
  2. redwing074

redwing074 New Member

And I don't have to be holding anything heavy either. I can be writing out a check and shake for 20 minutes afterwards. It happens after I drive for a while too. I definitely can't keep both hands at 10 and 2 anymore. It's more like 5 and 7. lol
  3. amejia

amejia New Member

It doesn't have to be anything really heavy for me either. My legs I seem to notice more. I have to move around every 20 min or so and if I do to much my legs are so tired once I sit down again. I live in apartment and have 6 stairs that I go up and my legs feel like lead when I get to the top and when I am carrying groceries I almost have to flop on the couch once I get in.

4. reeann926

reeann926 New Member

I have that happen sometimes. Even blow-drying my hair for 10 minutes leaves my arms feeling tired and shaky. Some days it's hardly noticeable, but on other days, it's very pronounced. I think it is part of fibro!

Ree Ann
  5. stagename

stagename New Member

it's why i don't work retail anymore, it's why i didn't have more kids. holding a friend's baby for 1/2 an hour gives me the shakes.

our muscles don't repair from ordinary use becuase we don't enter the deep stages of sleep.
  6. lil_angel1198

lil_angel1198 New Member

I can't carry groceries at all. I have to use a cart, even for a few things.
    I also can't lift my daughter.... she's only 33 lbs.
    Last night we went to a baseball game and I had to climb the steps to our seats.... ended up going up and down a couple times, and the last time I went up, I told my husband I was done.... these older people behind me kind of laughed. But I could hardly go up the steps.....next time, we get the seats lower down.
  7. Andrea4

Andrea4 New Member

I get that too. I can barely carry my daughter anymore because it hurts so bad. She's about 20 lbs. Grocery shopping is excrutiating as well because I have a long walk from the parking lot to my apt. With 2 kids in tow and groceries, my arms get pulled every which way. I always ask the baggers to bag them real light and they seldom do.

8. butterfly83

butterfly83 New Member

Yeah that happens a lot to me. Sometimes not even lifting something heavy, but just overall exhaustion can make me very shakey.
  9. tandy

tandy New Member

My arms will tremble. I hate it!! weakness and just not enough strength to hold up even the newspaper!!
    how do you sigh??(in a word??) cause thats what I'm doing
    Your not alone!!
    even driving and having my arms up on the steering wheel too long makes me shake and get tired. I can't win here!!
    This illness sux!!
    There has to be a good reason we endure so much.
  10. vbjess

vbjess New Member

Happens all the time, especially after I've been working out. Sometimes somebody will pick up my hand, and go "Are you okay?!? You're shaking!"

Ehh, it happens. lol! What can ya do when nobody knows a thing??

11. Elbryan

Elbryan New Member

My comes and goes. One day I can lift alot other days one item and I'm done.
  12. MsE

MsE New Member

The first time I noticed how bad this was getting was when I realized my arms get tired from holding a hymnal in church. I have to brace it on the back of the pew in front of me.
  13. Fibrolady37

Fibrolady37 New Member

It happens a lot to me.
    I dont have to be holding anything heavy it just starts.
    Youre not on your own honey.
    Youre in my prayers.
    Very gentle hugs fibrolady37
  14. ffomega

ffomega New Member

Okay. I did a search on Google for this because I suffer from it too. I came here hoping someone might have found something. However since this thread is full of "Me too"s, and I am very concerned (as I'm sure all of you are) This is what I found.<BR>
    I hope it helps