Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by shari1677, Mar 12, 2009.

1. shari1677

shari1677 New Member

The past 3 days have been the worst. I've fallen into one of my tiredness/weakness spells....I'm sure you all know.....so tired you can't even roll over in bed.....so tired you can't move your arms or open your eyes......so tired you can hardly walk. All I could do was lay there and think that I couldn't even go see the doctor, or go to the emergency room...because I couldn't move.

I had to call into work one night - I said I had the flu because it's not real kosher to "call in tired". I was finally able to work tonight, but, I'm very very tired and I hope I don't relapse.
    [This Message was Edited on 03/12/2009]
  2. wendysj

wendysj New Member

Hi Shari1677!

I'm sure you are very worried right now about relapsing... It's good that you went into work. Hopefully that will keep your mind too busy to worry. Stress can cause the "super-severe fatigue" to get worse.

I call it "super-severe fatigue" when I'm that tired and weak. My family knows that I don't use that term unless I am really unable to do anything. My face hurts, my arms and legs feel like they way 200 lbs each and my mind is numb kind of... It's awful.

I hope you are able to get some good sleep and wake up feeling a bit more refreshed.

3. TeaBisqit

TeaBisqit Member

I go through periods of time like that. Out of nowhere, I'll get a good three weeks or a month of it. It's horrible. I start to fall asleep sitting up. And I won't be able to stay awake. And it is scary cause you don't know how long it will last. But it usually does go away.

I hope you feel better soon.
  4. LadyCarol

LadyCarol Member

Are any of you taking any medications ?
    Some meds can cause this type of extreme tiredness, it's easier to identify once the med is known.

In severe cases the individual becomes so weak they are either unable to get out of bed or the process of getting out of bed takes a very long time, hours rather than minutes, due to an almost complete loss of available energy throughout the body.

Work and/or going out of the house is completely out of the question as the person is only able to function at the most minimum level. For example, they may be eventually able to stagger to the bathroom but that's it, they are so weak they all but fall asleep in the bathroom. They then stagger/shuffle back to the bedroom with legs that have so little strength they have to use their arms for support & balance. If the person is eventually able to dress themselves it will take them a very long time and if the person is able to make it to the lounge they will most likely end up slumped in a chair barely conscious and still very very tired & fatigued.

The symptoms are usually at their worse in the morning or as soon as the person awakes from sleep, it's then that the person becomes aware of their loss of energy & strength. Recovery rates vary from person to person, it depends on what's causing it.